You look like you need a hug

Prompt: "You look like you need a hug." 

~

You were all gathered in the meeting room to receive your job of the day, everyone except for Kate, she was not yet cleared for duty after her accident. It was just a concussion, but the doctors told her she wasn't allowed to be moving too much just yet.

When the meeting was over everyone went their own ways. You headed to the site you had to scout for information and got to work. When you came back from your mission in looked like you were the first one back. You had never heard it so quiet at the compound.

From the kitchen where you grabbed a drink and a snack you heard the tv in the living room playing. You walk over to see who it was. On the couch sat Kate, you plopped down next to her. Your face quickly turned concerned when you saw the sad look on her face. "Hey Kate, what's wrong? You look like you need a hug."

A tear fell down her cheek, without saying a word she leaned into you. You wrapped your arms around her, one cupping the back of her head and the other slowly moving up and down her back. You weren't sure what was going on, but you hoped a hug would bring her some comfort.

Kate melted into your hug, which made scoot back to the end of the couch so that she could lay down in a more comfortable position. Her head rested on your chest, while you softly ran your fingers through her hair. The silence was comfortable. You wanted to know what was going on so you could help, but you knew Kate would start talking when she was ready. So, until she was, you would comfort her to the best of your abilities in silence.

"How come you were back way before the others?" Kate asks breaking the silence. "I couldn't stand the thought of you being here alone for too long, so I asked for the smallest job they had and did my best to finish it as fast as I could." Kate looked up from her position, "You did that for me?" You nod your head, "Yeah, of course."

"Thank you, y/n. That means a lot. I was really struggling with the fact that I was the one left behind here, but knowing you did everything in your power to not leave me alone, that brings a lot of comfort." She moves a bit so she can put her arm around your waist hugging you tight.

You feel the hold she has on you get less tight and smile when you hear her breathing change indicating that she's falling asleep.

About an hour later Wanda comes back from her task of the day and sees the both of you asleep curled up on the couch. From the doorway she uses her magic to lift the blanked from one of the couches and uses it to softly land on the both of you. Walking away with a satisfied smile.