Archery lessons

Prompt: "I can't help it, you're fun to mess with." 

~

You were dressed in your training gear, waiting for Kate at the archery range. You've been wanting to learn for a while now and finally gathered the courage to ask Kate to teach you. Kate is your best friend as well as the girl you've been crushing on for months now, as well as an amazing archer. The nerves probably stemmed from not wanting to embarrass yourself in front of her, she was so good with her bow and arrow, next to her you'd probably look bad no matter what.

Kate was excited to share her love for archery with you. Not many of her friends outside of archery had gotten her interest in the sport growing up. Therefore, being able to introduce you to archery was something she had been looking forward to all week. She had prepared different exercises to be able to teach you the basics in a fun way.

Unbeknownst to you Kate was already in the archery range, after setting everything up she hid. She loved scaring you and she thought that this would be an amazing opportunity. You were never going to suspect her jumping from the high up platform landing right in front of you. Kate timed it out perfectly, waiting until you had you back towards her. She jumped off the ledge, twisting in the air so that she would be facing you when she landed. Just inches in front of you she lands in a superhero pose, she smirks when she hears you scream. With a hand on your heart, you catch your breath, rolling your eyes at the woman still crouched in front of you, "This was not what I signed up for." You give her a small push, making her fall backwards. "I can't help it, you're fun to mess with."

You offer her your hand and help her up. "Was this all or are you actually going to teach me something?" Kate thanks you for helping her up, "Oh no, I am actually going to teach you, I'm very excited. This was just also the perfect moment to scare you." You roll your eyes ones more, "Jerk." You call her in a loving way.

Kate walks you over to where she set up. "I grabbed you a beginner bow, basically one that is easier to handle than a bow like mine or Clints. This is just for you to get the hang of it, so if you end up enjoying archery we can look for a new one for you." She holds up the bow and shows you all its components. Handing the bow over to you she says, "Show me how you would hold it." You take the bow and hold it the way you think you're supposed to. "You almost got it! All you have to do is move this hand up a bit." She guides your hand to where it's supposed to be. The touch immediately raises your heartbeat. Luckily Kate is too busy looking at your grip to notice the blush that made its way onto your checks.

"Yeah, that's it! Now you can add the arrow." She hands you an arrow and tells you how to place it in the bow. Surprisingly, you got that right on the first go. "See you're a natural." You laugh, "Just because I'm holding it right doesn't mean that it's going to go anywhere near the target." You pull back the arrow, aim for the target and release it. It lands maybe three feet in front of you, nowhere near the target. "Yeah, okay you're right, maybe not a natural." Kate teases. You shove her slightly, "Oh, very motivating, miss Bishop." You both laugh.

"Here, let me help." Kate moved behind you. You freeze as you feel her body touching your back. Her arms reach around yours as if she's holding the bow with you. Helping you to you make the right movements. Your heartrate is rising once more, this time there is no hiding it. It's beating so fast and loud that you think she might even hear it. In your ear she whispers, "You've got it. Just left go."

You release the arrow and watch it soar through the air, perfectly landing on the target. "That's my girl." Kate whispers in your ear. You instantly turn around in her arms. Your faces are already so close together, all you have to do is lean in and your lips would be on hers. Kate noticed your eyes were focused on your lips and smirked. "All you had to so was ask." She says as she moves her hand up to your cheek to pull you in. Her lips were on yours and it was the most magical thing you have ever experienced. When you pull away from the kiss slightly, you say, "I should've asked you to teach me archery way sooner." In response Kate hugged you tightly. "I've been wanting to do that for a long time." You smile, "Me too."

"Want me to teach you some more?" You lift the bow up again and try to take a shot yourself. It went further than your first try but still not close enough to the target. "It seems like I will be needing more lessons, but my teacher is quite distracting so it might take a lot of lessons." Kate places a soft kiss on your cheek. "That just means that I will get to spend more time with you."