Meet me at our spot

Summary: You, Kate and your friends go to Stane Tower to complete Kate's dare. When she gets caught, you take it upon yourself to distract the guard.

~

"Okay, the real question. Does the bell swing back or forth or does the dangly thingy in the middle swing back and forth?" Kate asks you, Greer and Franny over the phone once she reaches the top of the building.

Greer and Franny share a look, before Greer says, "It's obviously the bell."

"See, I would disagree. I think it's the dangly thingy. Babe, what do you think?" Kate asks getting her arrow ready. "I have no clue. But seeing as it's two for one, I'd say try the bell first."

Kate shoots the first arrow, perfectly hitting the bell on Stane Tower. The bell does not move. You hear Kate's sigh over the phone, knowing she must be frustrated you tell her "Nice shot, love. Maybe you were right and it's the dangly thingy moving back and forth? You can always give that a shot."

She seems to relax a bit at your words and gets ready with another arrow, which seems to have some kind of hook to it. She aims for the tower once again, slightly lower this time. Perfect shot, once again. You were definitely one of the people that called her 'The World's Greatest Archer', last year you even got her a mug saying that.

Kate jumps in excitement when she hears the bell, as do you, Greer and Franny. However, the excitement quickly turns to worry when you hear loud creaking sounds coming from the tower. You stare in shock as the bell falls down, taking part of the tower with it. You're taken out of your trance when you hear a loud voice saying, "hold it" and see a bright light shining on Kate.

You look over to your friends to quickly think of a plan to get Kate out of the situation. Only to see they were running, already a couple buildings away. You curse internally at how they could just leave Kate with the campus security guard.

You did some quick thinking and decided the best way to distract the guard was to scream for help like someone was chasing you. The least it would do was take his attention away from Kate for a moment. So, you muted yourself on the call for a moment before screaming "help, somebody help me" at the top of your lungs.

You start running so your sound is traveling and scream "help" a couple more times. Over the phone you hear the man's voice say, "don't move, I will be back." And a few seconds after you hear the sound of the metal door closing.

You unmute yourself and say "get out of there and meet me at our spot" before you hang up and start running, knowing the guard was most likely looking for you right now. Deciding on a bit of a detour in case people on campus point out where you went.

With the detour it took you around fifteen minutes to get to your spot. Once you get there you see that Kate is already there, staring at the water.

You approach her, making sure not to scare her. When you see her eyes move towards your face, you smile at her and sit down on the bench next to her. You're a bit out of breath from all the running, definitely not being used to that. So, you take a moment before speaking up "are you okay, love?"

"I just destroyed an ancient tower, all because of a stupid dare" she with a defeated sigh. "First of all, it's not that old" you say with a chuckle, knowing that your girlfriend likes to joke around to make her feel better.

"Second of all" you pause for dramatic effect, making Kate look back over to you. When her eyes meet yours, you continue your sentence. "That was an amazing shot and you looked damn good taking it, in your new suit." Kate chuckles and rolls her eyes at you. You give her a slight nudge "there's that pretty smile of yours." Earning a blush from her. You kiss her cheek before getting up and offering her your hand, "let's go home."