Soup & cuddles

Prompt: "I don't care that you're sick. In fact, you need to be cuddled now, more than ever."

~

You called Kate to see if she could bring you groceries, since you were sick. When she let you know that she would go to the store right away, you thanked her and hung up. You hadn't gotten out of bed yet and you weren't planning on doing that anytime soon.

You wake up to the sound of clinking pans. You're a bit confused at first because you hadn't realized yet that you had fallen asleep, but you soon relaxed remembering your phone call with Kate. About a month ago you gave her a key to your apartment, and she gave you one to hers. You weren't ready to move in together yet, but both agreed this was a good first step since you spend a lot of time at each other's homes.

You hear a cupboard open and a minute later a drawer. You wonder what she's doing, but you have no energy to get up and look. Luckily your question is answered quickly, by a soft knock on your door. Kate opens the door slightly, peeking in to see if you're awake. When she notices your eyes are open, she opens the door further, "Hey baby, how are you feeling?"

Smiling weakly at your girlfriend who puts a bowl and a glass on your nightstand, "I've been better." Kate sits down on the bed next to you and strokes your cheek before placing her hand on your forehead. Checking to see if it was warm, it was. She kisses your forehead, "You were asleep when I checked on you earlier, so I made you some soup. Here." she says grabbing the bowl and holding the spoon up to your mouth. You give her a questioning look. "Oh, come one, just let me take care of you." You let her give you a couple spoons full of soup before you lay down in the bed again. Kate places the bowl back on your nightstand and lays down next to you.

"You know I love cuddles, but I'm sick. You shouldn't even be near me." You say turning on your side so your back is facing Kate. Kate just scoots closer and wraps her arm around you. "I don't care that you're sick. In fact, you need to be cuddled now, more than ever." She says, placing soft kisses on your shoulder.