Upside down

Prompt: "You know that your book is upside down, right?"

~

While you were doing your weekly workout on the lawn at the back of the compound you noticed Kate joined you outside. She sat down on a blanket under a tree and started reading a book. You started with some push-ups, then jumping jacks and sit-ups on the middle of the field. Then in between sets you ran laps on the big field.

The first time you passed Kate you said hi, she smiled and greeted you back. The second time you wanted to see what book she was reading so you could ask her about it later. There was something weird, but maybe you just ran by too fast.

So, the next round you passed Kate you slowed down a bit to be able to read it. You had seen it correctly. You come to a halt in front of Kate. "You know that your book is upside down, right?" You say.

Kate quickly looks down at her book to see if you were correct. When she sees that the words are indeed upside down a pink blush creeps onto her cheeks, because she knows she just got caught. "I ehm, I." Kate started looking for an excuse. "I was seeing if my brain could still read if I had it upside down."

You laugh, "And how did that work out for you?" Knowing that her words were just a made-up excuse. Kate took another look at her book, "Not so great, I haven't read a single word."

You sit down next to her, seeing as she brought some snacks and a water bottle. "Can I have some?" You ask pointing to the water bottle. "Yeah, of course. I brought them for you."

A smirk makes its way onto your face, and when Kate realizes she just let you in on her little plan she hides behind her hands. "Aww don't hide your pretty face, Kate. I think it's adorable that you came out here to watch me. Next time you don't have to hide behind an upside-down book though."

"You think my face is pretty?" Kate asks, not sure if you were joking or not. You take her hands in yours to move her hands away from her face, "Yes I do. Kate, I think all of you is pretty beautiful."

This of course makes Kate blush even more. "So, seeing as we are sitting here on a blanket with all these snacks. Would you like to have a picnic date with me?" Kate smiles. You wanted to go on a date with her? She totally hadn't foreseen that as one of the outcomes of today.

Kate said yes and you spend the rest of the afternoon spending time together on the back lawn of your shared home at the compound. When it started getting dark, the two of you started to pack things up. You helped Kate bring everything back to her room. Kate didn't want the date to end, so she asked you to come inside to watch a movie.

You loved the idea and joined her on her bed. Where with each minute of the movie passing you sat closer and closer together, until you sat cuddled up together. Your heart was beating faster at the closeness of Kate. She might have been the one to go on silly quests to watch you work out, but way before that you were already crushing hard on her.

Kate was laying on your chest, with your arm around her shoulder. When she moved her hand onto your stomach, she could feel your heartbeat fasten. Knowing what affect she had on you, she got the courage to do what she had been thinking off all night.

She moved slightly in your hold so that she could see your face. You looked down at her, to see what was up. When your eyes met it felt like time was frozen. Kate leaned in and you let her close the distance. Your lips met and everything around you disappeared, it was like the movie was paused for the both of you to fully enjoy this moment.

The kiss you shared was sweet and filled with longing. You had both wanted this for so long and now it was finally happening. When you both had to pull away for air, you let your foreheads rest together.

You both had smiles on your faces as you looked at each other. You pecked her lips, and again and again, making Kate a blushing mess once again. Though this time Kate wasn't alone. After you share some more kisses, Kate lays down in your arms again and you continue the rest of the movie.