33

Gracie's Point Of View

I think I am in love.

I don't know what love is. Is it having a relationship with someone? Is it lusting after them? Is it smiling for no reason? I really don't know. And I don't think any amount of notes I make or analysis I do will help me figure this out.

I just know that he makes me happy. He makes my heart flutter in a way no one else has before. He makes me want to smile all the time and write poetry about his beautiful eyes. He makes me giddy when he so much as looks at me.

I don't know if I'm in love, but I have no apprehensions about it. I love to be in love with him. Sure, there can be heartbreak and there can be betrayel, but I think I can handle it. I plunged in this ocean, now it's up to me whether I swim or whether I drown.

But yeah, I love you Alastair Kerr.

Alastair's Point Of View

I think I am in love.

I never thought a girl could actually make me fall for her. Like all the other fools in the world, I never really thought I'll fall in love. Guess some people do bring out the best in you. She has me wrapped around her little finger without even doing anything. She came so simply in my life and all I could do was stare after her as she stole my heart away.

I take quick strides as I walk towards the gym. It will be empty at this time and that is what Sassy called me for. I would have flipped her off, if only she hadn't sent that note to me. Earlier this afternoon, she had dropped a tissue paper by my table which went something like:

Meet me after school at the gym, our usual corner. 💋

The boys had hooted and slapped me on my back for scoring a make out session, but I knew this was so much more than that. The way she had given me a menacing glare, I just had to go. Or she might attack someone who is very close to me, just to get me hurt. That's how manipulative and bitchy she is.

I push open the glass doors and there she is, leaning against the pillar. Her red stained lips curl up in an evil smile and I can't believe I was attracted to her. Ever since I've known Gracie, I just can't accept that I ever liked any other girl.

"What is it Sassy?" I ask impatiently as I walk towards her.
"We have all the time in the world to talk. Come here." She says and pulls me towards her. Pushing me against the pillar, she holds my face and tries to kiss me. When I turn my face away, she presses her lips to my neck, right above my collarbone.

I try to gently veer her away, but she just doesn't budge. Applying a little more force, I shove her off me. She looks at me with surprise which slowly turns to disdain.

"If this is what you called me here for, then I am not interested. Bye." I say and turn to walk off.
"Aren't you just using the little nerd?" She says and I stop, my fists clenching.

"That's none of your business. I love her." I blurt out and she just laughs like a witch. She steps closer to me.
"Love? Oh, you poor boy. You know how to love people?" She mocks and I roll my eyes.

"Sassy, do whatever you want, just stay away from Grace." I snap, even though my own voice is cracking.
"So the playboy has been tamed! Does the love of your life know about Audrey?"

All the blood drains from my face as I splutter for words.
"I..I will tell her. She'll believe me. She won't-"
Sassy laughs in a cruel way again. "You yourself know that she won't stay a minute after she knows what you did. She'll leave, she'll realize that you're a beast. And she won't want the same fate with you. She won't want you Alastair, you're nothing but a pathetic, unloved loser. You'll always remain a monster, no matter how much you try to cover it up with greatness."

I want to shut my ears as all her words crawl over my skin like blood sucking leeches. Gracie. Audrey. Sassy. Stuart. I want to shut it all out, I want to undo my past.

"You can't do this." I whisper.
"I can, and I will. Tell her about Audrey or break off with her. I'll ruin your life the way you ruined mine with that cafeteria scene. Why couldn't you be nice to me? We were getting along until you fucked all of it up. Now go, wallow in your self pity and tell your Gracie that you're bored of her." She says and walks out, leaving me there.

I run my hands through my hair in frustation. I have to go stay away from Gracie. Getting involved in my mess will not be good for her. I have to go to her and ask her to leave me.

Licking my dry lips, I walk towards the ground, where she would be waiting for me. I rush through the empty corridors of the school and stop running only when I reach the ground. Her smiling face as she walks towards me, breaks my heart some more.

Gracie's Point Of View

Oh Alastair. He's here. He seems to have been running, as he tries to catch his breathe. I walk towards him, grinning like a lovesick fool.

"Hey." I say.
He just stares at me longingly. Like he has so much to tell, but he won't. I don't like the look on his face. There's something wrong here.

"Gracie, I think we should maintain some distance." He says and I look at him, puzzled.
"What is this about? Is this a dare?" I ask, trying to smile, but failing miserably.

"You have to stay away from me. We're not good for each other." He straightens up an I move my locks away from my face before reasoning with him.
"Can you please tell me what exactly happened? Until yesterday-"

And that is when my gaze falls upon the bright red lipstick mark near his collarbone. My words dry up in my throat and I gulp.

"No problem. I understand." I say and turn away, not wanting him to see the tears of my first heartbreak.