48

It's been a week. I haven't seen him since the day he came at my house. I was growing increasingly agitated. So I found myself standing at the door of the administration office.

I knocked the door. "Come in." came a rusty voice from inside. I walked in gingerly. Mrs. Collins was seated atop a chair. "Ma'am I want to enquire about someone."
"Speak up." Ma'am said without looking up.

"Alastair Kerr. He hasn't been attending school since a week. Did he inform about his absence?" I asked softly.

She finally looked up and scrutinized me from above her glasses.
"He had taken a leave to go to Washington. He was going to be back today. Infact he might be home right now."

Washington? Where his parents lived? Why would he go there? Jeez. Something was terribly wrong.

I reached his apartment after school in the evening around 5 pm and rang the bell. He wasn't picking up my calls so I was here. He opened the door.

Devastated was an understatement. He had deep dark bags under his eyes and the stubble on his face was turning into a beard. He looked as if he hadn't slept or bathed for many days. The moment he saw me, he pulled me into him. I hugged him as if my life depended on it. The door shut off behind us. I could feel his ragged breathing in my hair and his hands stuck at my lower back. I felt at home in his arms.

"Alastair what's wrong?" I whispered in his hair.
"Dad passed away." He whispered. And just like that, the realization hit me as if the sky had fallen on me. I pulled away from him.

"What?" I asked shocked.
"Mum called me up the day after the one when I came to your house. He had some tumour and apparently, he had very less time. I reached there as soon as possible. I was there with him. He asked for my forgiveness. And at last, I gave in. I forgave my father Gracie and he let go after that." And tears started streaming down his face. It was the first time that I had seen the guy I loved, who was so strong, break down. The guy who always gave a shoulder to everyone, needed one. He sat down on the couch and I stood between his legs and I took his head while he hugged me and wept. Wept as if he had lost everything. And at that moment, I felt true pain. Seeing the one you love in unfathomable sadness and not being able to do anything about it. I made him stand up. He looked into my eyes, his beautiful eyes now hollow and red. I held his nape and pressed my lips to his. This wasn't the perfect moment, but this was the moment he needed me the most. And this was the kind of comfort I could offer him. The kind of intimacy he needed. He tensed at first but then he gradually kissed me back.

Kissing the person you love truly, madly, deeply, what a drug! Fireworks explode at the back of your eyelids and your heart thumps out of your chest. We were pressed together now, and the kiss which started off softly was now turning into a wild, passionate action of moans and connected vibes. I thought my first kiss might be at some sunny beach, with a romantic mood. But it was here, with this ruined boy I loved, and I had absolutely no qualms about it.

We don't know who pulled away after a while. Our breathing was uneven and rugged, our bodies heaving and our lips swollen. And I just couldn't stop smiling. I sat on the couch, while he kept his head on my lap, I started combing through his curls with my fingers. "I don't really know Grace. Right from my childhood, I've never been close to my family. Dad had some problem with mum's family, as I resembled them in almost every aspect. He used to hit me for no reason at all. He had a good job, a wife, a son to look after, yet he came home drunk and wasted. And he used to transfer all that anger on me. I never said anything.

Mom also used to take it. I grew up in a broken family. As soon as school got over, I immediately applied here in Seattle. My grades were good enough to get me a seat at the Presidency. I had some amount of money kept up that I earned from part time jobs. That house was a hell hole. Life was a nightmare there. Consequently, I grew up to be a rebellious kid. Soccer and girls were my only pastime. Few people know that I read books. I had many, many girlfriends. With them, it was partying, cuddling, pecking, but never, not even once, did I experience a kiss with them like I did right now."

I interrupted him. "You said you've never kissed anyone." I pout. "Oh that was just to impress you." He bites his lip. He stifles a smile while I just roll my eyes at him. He having kissed girls in the past won't make me love him any less, no matter what anyone says.

He continued,"They clicked pictures with me and put them up on social networks. Because that was what I was for them, a ticket to popularity. They would run away even if they got to know a single trickle of screwed up life. Sophomore year start, I met Audrey during a match with Pattinson High. She was the hottest girl of her school. I was badly attracted to her. A few weeks of chasing around, and I got her. We were a group then; Audrey, Sassy, Stuart, Roland and me. Sassy was very manipulative and wicked right from the start. After that road trip, the one across Seattle, Sassy showed me some pictures of Audrey and Stuart making out. I was beyond infuriated. If there's one thing I cannot tolerate, it's cheating and betrayal. I lost it. Audrey was drunk that night as she had just returned from some party. No I did not love her, it was crazy infatuation. But I still couldn't take the fact that my girlfriend cheated on me with my best friend. It hurt my already fragile ego. So we had a fight, Stuart and Sassy were also present. And she drank some more and drove off. We all know what happened after that. The post mortem reports revealed that she was pregnant. But how? We had never gone all the way. There was no chance that the baby was mine. Then we got to know it was Stuart's. We were scared stiff. But Sassy blamed me. She said that hadn't I ever shouted at her, she wouldn't have drove out in rage, and she might have been here. I forgave Stuart after that. We friends needed to stick together."

I interrupted him. "Wait a second, it was Stuart's baby?" I asked shell shocked.

___________________________
Vote and comment :)