56

In the evening, I parted my hair in two sides. On one side I put up a fishplait and left the next side flowing. I wore the pink dress Stuart, Ivy and Merrie had gifted me. It was a really sweet gesture. It was a typical frock dress which had a creme belt running across the middle. Alastair was here. It was his surprise. He was very tacky about punctuality. He always carried out his plans at the exact time he had planned them. I went outside and kissed him on his cheek.

The sparkle in his eye when he saw me was enough. No need for any further conpliments. He had got a car, probably Uncle Tom's. He opened it for me and I sat inside.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.
"Surprise!" He said.
"I hate surprises!" I said.
"Yeah I know. You suffer from OCD. You like to be in control."
"I do not okay! Do you have to be harsh on me on my birthday?"
"I'm never harsh on you. I always go soft."
"You're talking in double meanings here."
"It's all in your dirty mind."
"My mind is pure. God knows what all you guys talk and think about?"
"That's true. I do think of a lot of things that if I tell you, you'll blush hard."

"Yuck man."
"You're getting some swag."
"I want none of it. I'd rather prefer my old, limited, proper language."
"I heard you using cuss words quite a few times."
"Yeah sometimes I do. Like now. Fuck it."
"Fuck you."
"Fuck you too."
"I wish."
"Again you're talking in double meanings."

"Sorry I can't help it. You're my fantasy."
"I don't know whether I should be happy or creeped out."
"Happy. Because I do it only for you. Now close your eyes."
"No."
"Yeah okay now." He removed his handkerchief and tied it around my eyes.
"You can now take in my fragrance." He said.
"So funny I died." I said, a smile still playing on my lips.

I held his hand and he led me towards what felt like an open ground. We walked, till he helped me climb up some sort of stairs. It was all very confusing. He made me sit on some seat.

"Can I take this off?" I asked, impatience and excitement buzzing within me.
"Wait babydoll."

Then some whirring noise started, like some engine being started. The thing we were sitting in, started moving. I held on tight to Alastair. After a while, he removed my blindfold. I looked around.

Holy fuck, we were on a helicopter! That too, which was open from all the sides. A young pilot sat at the front. Alastair was beside me, looking at me with an amused expression. I held on to him tightly and hid my face in his jacket.

"Please can we just land down? I'm not feeling well." I said, my face still buried in him.
"I know you have acrophobia." He said softly.

"What?" I peeked up at him. Yes, I did have acrophobia, the fear of heights. It wasn't extreme, but it was still there.
"Mel told me." He replied shortly.

"So please, I'm really feeling sick. I just watch the world from above, and I can feel my head spinning and bile rising up my throat." I said, scooting further in the insides of the helicopter.

He held my shoulders and took me a bit near the window. I whimpered and pushed myself further within his coat. He was settling me near the window. I could feel the wind hitting me.
He held my shoulders firmly, he was amazingly strong. He held me and made me face the exterior.

It was the most spectacular sight I had ever seen in my life. The whole of Seattle and the nightsky was spread out in front of me. Stars blinked back at us and fog was heavy in the air. The clouds floated around, sometimes entering the helicopter. I looked below, ofcourse, I felt nauseous, but I had this man beside me, who was holding me, and was letting me trust him completely. All the buildings and people seemed tiny.

"How do you feel?" He asked softly.
"On top of the world." I said, tongue in cheek.
"Your sense of humour." He grinned, shaking his head.
And we sat in silence, watching the world below me, and I felt at the top, for the first time.

As we headed to the beach, my favourite place, I asked him,"How did you afford a ride on that helicopter?"
"Stuart is effing rich. That helicopter belongs to him. He let me borrow it for today. Is your phobia cured?" He asked.
"If I have you by my side, I don't have anything to fear."

We stopped near the beach and had a quick dinner of seafood at the shack. We walked along the beach after that. "Grace." He said.
"Yes?"
"I'm sorry you know, I can't afford all those expensive gifts that boyfriends get for their girls."

"Are you mad? No. You're the best gift I could ever have. Singing for me, curing me of my fear, what else could I ask for? I don't want materialistic things. I want you. Just you and me. Forever. Always."

He suddenly bent down in front of me and pulled out a ring. It was a simple, yet a dazzling diamond ring. Fake of course, but it shone as bright as a million stars.

"Gracie Hyde, the love of my life, I love you, lust you, like you, hate you and have almost every possible emotion for you, in it's purest form. But more than anything, I want to spend my life with you. Be mine?" He said, his eyes twinkling and his face full of love.
"Yes." Was all I could whisper.
He slipped the ring on my finger.

Before he could get up I kneeled down in front of him and kissed him. Fuck. The passion was crazy. His hands roamed the entire length of my body, while I played with his curls. I slowly laid down on him. He was now lying on the sand, with me on the top. I kept my hands on the side of his face and trailed soft kisses along his jaw. He grunted softly. His hand was creeping alongside the hem of my dress. His hand was now on the top of my thigh. I came up for breathe and realized what all could happen now. I held his hand and sat up straight, besides him.

"Alastair, I'm.." I was about to explain when he quietened me.
He pulled my skirt down and adjusted my neckline. "I do understand. It will happen when it has to. Even I don't want to rush in this."

I smiled at him. I somehow felt weird also for thinking how he must be satisfying his needs since he was an adult now. I shouldn't do this to him.
I looked at him and kept my head on his shoulder,"Thank you."
"For?"
"For everything."

___________________________
Vote and comment :)