46

Given above is Taylor Swift, who's playing Audrey Cabot. Happy reading! <3
___________________________

There were incessant calls from Alastair on my phone. I switched it off. I was broken. Upset. Sad. But what for? For the fact that in a way, he was responsible for someone's death? For the fact that he didn't tell me? Or I was just being a coward, scared that maybe I'll go through the same thing?

Whatever it was, I shouldn't have left him. It was a matter of past, and he was my present, so what was this tugging feeling pulling me away from him? Why was the right guy so wrong?
I thought of Sassy. Losing your best friend might have hurted a lot. Devastated her. And maybe that's why she hated Alastair. But why was I resenting him? I remembered some detail. I went and sat at my laptop which was resting on the table and typed down into Google.

Baskerville teen drunk driving accident 2013

Immediately results started showing up. I selected the first headline and started reading it. And then horror struck as I remembered that little detail.

... Audrey Cabot, who succumbed to injuries in that accident, was pregnant. The baby was around a month old...

This was what hit me hard. I didn't know he was physically involved with her, nor that two people were killed. A baby along with a girl. Thinking about the girl's family, broke my heart. Did they know she was pregnant? Did she herself know? What went wrong that night? This was too much to bear. And on top of all that, my own shattered heart.

Alastair's Point Of View.
I heard everything what Sassy told Grace. I was absolutely destroyed. I was about to lose the person who ever mattered just because of a stupid mistake. But I had explanations. I could convince her and get her back. That would be possible only if she would pick up the phone. When it showed that it's switched off, I threw the bloody phone on the bed which bounced off the pillows. I kept my head in my hands and tears filled my eyes, but never fell out. I took the bottle of sleeping pills out of my cupboard. I hadn't needed them ever since Grace had been mine, but now I took two pills and gulped them without water, one of the recent habits I had formed. I lay down on my bed, thinking of things I would say if she ever gave me the chance.

Sassy Speaks.
I had done another evil deed today. Been a bitch as people expected of me. Been heartless to avoid having my heart trampled over. The truth was, I missed Audrey. She was the best friend I ever had. We both were alike; manipulative, destructive but fabulous in our own glories. I had no personal grudges against Hyde. None at all. But I hated Alastair. Sure he was a hot piece and 'sessions' with him were always great, but he snatched Audrey away from me. I missed those days when it was Alastair, Stuart, me and Audrey. But that got screwed up. I was happy when Alastair and Audrey started dating. Simply because I would now have a chance with Stuart.

Because no one knew, I was madly in love with Stuart York. He, however, never seemed to notice me. No one usually did, because when Audrey's around, you can' tear your eyes off her. I was jealous, definitely, but I loved her. Because she was always there for me. She stuck around when my parents got divorced. She was by my side during my transition from an average girl to the queen bitch of Presidency Convent. But the worst of all hit me when I got to know Audrey was actually in love with Stuart. Stuart also liked her, it wasn't love and he wasn't even aware of the intensity of Audrey's or my feelings for him. And then that night, the night Alastair got to know about Audrey and Stuart, that they were cheating behind his back, he just kinda lost it. That fight was a terrible one. I knew my friend. She did crazy things when she was drunk. She got stupidly wasted that night and like a mad person, she got into the car and drove across the highway, crashing into the divider. Alastair was broken after that, completely devastated. Not because he loved her, but because he lost a friend, and because had that fight not occured, she might have been here, with us. He blamed himself. And I, like the devil I am, did not do anything to console him after he kept blaming himself. Infact, I fuelled the fire. Why?

Maybe because I myself did not want to carry the guilt. It was me after all, who showed Alastair pictures of Audrey and Stuart kissing. I was crazy for Stuart, but he never saw me. Love makes people do things they might have never thought of doing. So while Alastair kept blaming himself, Stuart moved on and convinced Alastair to keep their friendship intact and while I became the queen of the Presidency, we all broke apart. Alastair went ahead and fell head over heels for Gracie. Stuart got more girls and became best friends with Ivy, who secretly harboured feelings for him. And I slept with almost every guy at the Presidency, except for Alastair. Oh yeah, Alastair was still a virgin. Bloody puss. I wondered how he could control his hormones. He was just waiting for the perfect girl, I think. He's found his match, but I won't let it last. The baby that Audrey held was Stuart's. But everyone thought that it was Alastair's. The fight was also due to the same reason. Because I showed the pictures of Stuart and Audrey and Audrey also confessed that she was carrying Stuart's baby. Maybe I could have handled the situation, but I left it to them. Knowing Gracie, she knows that Audrey died along with another life, but she doesn't know that it wasn't Alastair's. And the story will so happen that I won't even let Gracie know.

___________________________
Vote and comment :)