Chap 2

Fourth sat at the dining table, waiting for the person he hated the most: his father. He looked around the mansion; it was still the same, filled with memories of him and his mother. But now, his mother's place had been given to someone else. As much as he loved this place, he also hated it just as much because his mother was no longer there.

"You finally showed your face," he heard his father's footsteps. He didn't say anything, not even bothered to greet his father. His father pulled the chair in front of him and sat on it.

"I called you hundreds of times, and you didn't even bother to call back, your father... Now I had to call your secretary to talk to you."

"Just tell me what you wanted to talk about, Khun (Mr.) David," he said, not wanting to hear any nonsense or nagging from him.

"I'm your father, Nattawat," David said a little aloud. Fourth again didn't say anything; he just looked at his watch.

He just hated him. He couldn't even bear to see him for more than an hour. His mother died in a car accident. After her death, he came to know that his father was cheating on her. His father didn't love her anymore; he was just with her because he wanted the company his mother owned. He even had a son with his mistress.

His mother worked hard day and night, building the business all alone. He didn't want his father to destroy his mother's hard work, so he took over the business after her death. He started living alone because he didn't want to see another woman in the same house where he shared so many memories with his mother.

He was only 20 when he took over the business, and now he's nearly 25. It's been 4 years, and he managed to bring the business to great heights, working his ass off. His father did everything to bring him down but failed. Fourth has now become a famous personality among many businessmen.

"Marry this girl," his father said, sliding a picture towards him with his index finger.

"What?" Fourth said, raising his eyebrows.

"I said marry this girl... she is the only daughter of Mr. James, the CEO of Starlight Pvt Ltd."

"So... why do I have to marry her?" he said.

"I said she's the only daughter... if you marry her, 50% of the shares will be in your name and you can expand your business more."

"I don't want to... I don't want their shares," Fourth said, leaning back in his chair.

"Fourth... don't forget that I also have 15% of the company's shares. I also know what is good for the company and what is not," he said, clearly annoyed at Fourth's reply.

"So what... I can take care of myself and my company. You don't have to worry," he said, standing up.

"Fourth Nattawat Jirochtikul!" his father shouted. Fourth didn't say anything; he was just used to it. He turned around and made his way to the main door.

"Your mother," he heard his father say, and his feet stopped. He turned around to see his father approaching him. His father surely knows his weak points.

"It's written in your mother's will," David said, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"What do you mean?" Fourth said, confused.

"I said it's written in your mother's will that you can only inherit this company fully when you get married."

Is he lying or telling the truth? Fourth thought. He couldn't read his father's face at all.

"So... I will arrange a meeting with them," he said.

"I will see whom I want to marry and whom not to. You don't have to worry," Fourth said, turning around and leaving the mansion's main door. He sighed.