CHAPTER FOURTY EIGHT: NICOLE

The group had an amazing time exploring Paris, despite the occasional sickness that Amara felt, from the baby, but also when she thought about Liam. She hoped he was alright and that he had come to his senses about how he was acting earlier.

Either way, they managed to see many amazing landmarks. They even went to the top of the Eiffel Tower, which let them see over Paris. It was absolutely beautiful. Amara wished Liam was with her. Then they went to Louvre Museum and later on relaxed at a gorgeous 17th century park that Amara couldn't even pronounce the name of.

Amara got pretty tired at the end of their trip and was ready to go back to the hotel room already. Anyways, she needed to get enough sleep for The Junes' performance tomorrow, which she was excited for. Hopefully Liam will be apologetic for his actions earlier, but Noel thought otherwise.

For some reason he urged her to get another room, practically insisting. Amara shrugged it off, wanting to see Liam anyway. Besides, Noel and Meg were only down the hall, and Lara and Molly were the floor below them, so if anything was to happen (as if) then she'll know where to go.

"Are you sure? I'll even pay for it for ya'." Noel asked the brunette for the thousandth time, folding his arms as they stood in the reception.

"Noel, it'll be fine." Amara just chuckled, "But thank you. I know where you are anyway."

"We're getting something to eat at the bar before we head up," Meg came over with a smile, holding Anaïs still, "wanna come with?"

The brunette just smiled, shaking her head, "No I'm alright, but thanks anyway. I'll see you both later." Then she headed to the lift

Amara unlocked the hotel room door, letting herself inside and taking her jacket off. She put it on the hook and walked down the hall, noticing the darkness of the room. Flicking on the light, she saw Liam sprawled out on the bed, obviously strung out on drugs or alcohol.

She looked at the wall near the balcony entrance, there was a shattered beer bottle on the floor and a stain on the wall from the liquid. God, did she make him like this? Maybe she shouldn't have left him alone.. she had been gone for several hours.

"Liam, love? You okay..?" Amara whispered, watching him stir and mutter.

His voice sounded croaky, "You don't deserve this, Mara.. both of you.."

She tilted her head in confusion, quickly approaching him, "Hey, c'mon.." She helped him up by his arm, sitting the man she loved up. "What have you done to yourself, eh? Why'd you say that?"

Liam's breath hitched in the back of his throat, his cheeks were slightly red and puffy for some reason. He mumbled again, a tone of regret, "Don't leave me, songbird. Y'know that I love ya'.."

Amara frowned worriedly, rubbing his arm and moving his long hair out of his face, "I love you too.. what's happened to ya'?" He didn't respond, sitting there in silence as she tried her best to study his face. She got even more worried, "Liam, why would you think I'll leave you?"

His head shook, burying his forehead into her neck, "You'll hate me if I tell you.."

A shiver was sent down her spine, she lifted his head up, "What's happened, Liam? Tell me."

"I can't tell-"

"Yes you can."

"Ama-"

She squeezed his arm slightly, "Stop it. What did you do?" Her tone was firm, but her eyes were unsure about his behaviour.

She saw that he was fiddling with his ring in silence. He was nearly unrecognisable right now. His eyes didn't meet hers, but he still replied with a hurt whisper, "I cheated on ya'."