Chapter 10

Dean scoffed a little, looking annoyed. "Well, dude. It's not a decent lead in all of Nebraska. What've you got?" Dean asked, folding the papers together. "Well, I've been scanning Wyoming, Colorado, South Dakota. Here, a Woman in Iowa fell 10,000 feet from an aeroplane and survived." Sam said, showing us the Laptop."It sounds more like 'that's incredible' than, uh, 'Twilight Zone.'" I scoffed and laughed lightly. "Yeah." Sam smiled. "Hey, you know we could just keep heading east. New York. Upstate. We could drop by and see Sarah again. Huh? Cool chick, man, smokin'." I rolled my eyes on Dean. "You two seemed pretty friendly. What do you say?" Dean smirked as he mentioned a girl we encountered on a case who was close to Sam. "Dean, why are you teasing Sam?" I asked him. "Because I can," Dean answered with a shrug. "No, leave him alone, geez." I scoffed and looked back down to my coffee. "Thanks, Sis, but I dunno, maybe someday. But in the meantime, we got a lot of work to do, Dean, and you know that." In my head, I thought about what Sam said. I had to agree with that, and so did Dean a second later. "Yeah, all right. What else you got?" Dean asked, getting back to our job-solving cases. "Ahh, a man in Colorado, a local man named Daniel Elkins, was found mauled in his home," Sam said, looking at his Laptop. "Hang on, I heard that name before," I said, looking around for Dad's Journal. "Give me the Journal, please," I asked Dean. I had read through it a little bit during the last week. "Doesn't ring a bell with me." Sam looked confused. I mumbled, looking through the journal when I found something with Elkins. "Here, I found something." I turned the journal to my brothers. "D Elkins 970-555-0158." I tapped onto the page. "You think it's the same Elkins?" Sam asked. "Well, the area code matches. It's from Colorado." I shrugged my shoulders lightly. We drove to Elkins Cabin, and although I was right behind them, I still thought about what they were talking about while I quietly listened to Music. My phone rang; I took it from my passenger seat and placed it close to me with the speaker on. "Yo?" Dean was on the other side of the line. "Are you okay, Sis?" I scoffed lightly. "Well, duh." I tried to be sarcastic. "Kaylee, it would be easier if you were with us in this car," Sam said a little in the background. "Sam, I love you both, but I won't be in the car if you behave like little kids," I grumbled lightly, saying the last words. Before Sam or Dean could say anything else, I continued. "How long until we reach Manning?" I asked into the phone. "Three hours, maybe?" Sam guessed. "Alright, I'll see you there." I hung up, stepped on the gas, and drove past the Impala, leaving them behind and heading towards Manning in Colorado. Sam and Dean drove in about half an hour after me while I waited. I got food, looked around, and waited for my brothers to drive to the Cabin. "Alright, you lame ducks." I smiled as I stepped over to the Impala. "Listen, just because you have a sportier car means you do not have to pose as being a complete dickbag." Dean was grumpy when he lost something. "Oh, cry baby, stop being such a bitch, Dean. Im heading up to Elkins Cabin." I turned around and returned to my car, getting in and starting the motor. I heard the passenger door open. "I'm coming with you, so you don't have to be alone." Sam sat next to me; since I didn't refuse, I drove on, hearing the Impala behind me. At the Cabin, we got out, and while Sam picked the lock, Dean and I waited with flashlights and a gun in case of danger. The inside was a mess as we entered, looking around the room. "Looks like the maid didn't come today," Dean whispered. "You're such an Ass, Dean." I hissed while walking around the room. "Hey, there is salt over here. Right beside the door." Sam called from the other side of the door. "You mean protection against demon salt, or 'oops, I spilt the popcorn' salt," Dean asked while flicking through Daniels Journal. "It's a ring. You think this guy Elkins was a player?" Sam asked as I reached him, looking over his shoulder. "I don't think so." I mumbled. "Definitely." Dean said behind me. Sam and I got up from where we were and walked over to Dean, who was still looking through the Journals. "That looks a hell of a lot like Dad." He said, when I looked, I saw Dad's handwriting. "This dates back to the 60s." Dean said, pointing to the date on the page. We moved into the other room, where a huge hole was in the roof. "That's a fricking huge hole up there." I whispered, looking through the roof up. "Well, whatever attacked him, it looks like there was more than one." Sam quietly said. "Looks like he put up a hell of a fight, too." I mumbled, looking around the room, which was the same mess as the other. "But what if somebody who attacked Elkins was here for a reason?" I asked. Sam crouched down near a spot on the floor. "You found something?" Dean asked, throwing me out of my thoughts. "I dunno. "Some scratches on the floor." Sam mumbled back. I walked over to Sam behind his shoulder. "Death throes, maybe?" I suggested. Sam nodded slightly. "Yeah, maybe." Dean grumbled, who was on the other side of whatever Sam found. Dean grabbed a notebook and placed it over the marks. He showed the paper. "Or maybe a message." Dean whispered, looking over at me. "Look familiar?" Dean asked. "Three letters, six digits. The Location and combination of a post office box. It's a mail drop." Sam whispered.