Chapter 49

Bobby and I went to the Hospital; the Doctors fixed up my leg, put it into a cast, and told me not to put any weight for at least a few weeks. "I can't work? Are you fricking kidding me?" I asked, furious when the doctor left the room after I threw anything in my reach toward him. "Kaylee, it's going to be fine. You still have both legs; look at me." Bobby nodded towards the wheelchair he was in. "Doesn't make it better," I grumbled. We went home, although it looked funny seeing an older man in a wheelchair and a girl with crutches hobble around the parking lot. I tried to call Sam and Dean, but their phone was off. "well, great." I grumbled before slumping into the couch pillows. "Be glad you can walk." I heard Bobby grumble. "You're not helping, old man," I grumbled, throwing a pillow his way. "Can you not do that?" he rolled over, throwing the pillow back onto my legs. He brought my Painkillers, but I ignored his attempt to give me the pills. "Screw those. They make me sleepy," I grumbled. "You're just as stubborn and pigheaded as your brothers," Bobby grumbled. "Thanks. Love you too." I mumbled, turning my back towards him. Days passed, and Dean finally called me back, telling me about the Case they just solved. "So you're not crazy?" I asked. "I never was," Dean replied. "Uh huh, I bet you a differ," I grumbled. "Screw you." I heard Dean narrowing his eyes like usual when I taunted him. "Nah, not interested." I giggled when Bobby came through the door. "Gotta go." I hung up. "You talked to the two idjits?" he asked, and I nodded. "Yeah, Dean solved the case," I replied, ignoring him and calling my brothers idjits. A few weeks passed, and while I was staying at Bobby, Dean, and Sam went hunting and called as often as possible when something weird happened. One morning, a woman greeted me while I was standing in the living room, which freaked me out, but when Bobby came in, he introduced me to Karen, his wife. "Bobby, I thought she died," I whispered when Karen was out of earshot. "Not anymore," Bobby whispered back. I limped into the little bathroom, washed my face, and brushed my teeth, hearing noises from outside. I had no phone, so I couldn't call Sam and Dean. The phone rang, and I heard Bobby answer, talking to whoever, when he suddenly grumbled, hanging up the phone. "Kaylee, we might get a visitor," he called for me, making me out of the bathroom. "Why?" I asked. "Let's just say Sheriff found out im not from the FBI," he grumbled. While I dressed, I heard a familiar sound heading towards the house; a few minutes later, Sam and Dean walked in. "You know how many times we called? Where have you been?" I heard Dean grumble. I got into my Shorts, which I tend to wear since Jeans were too tight for the cast. "A little help, Sammy," I called. Sam walked over, helping me to my feet before hugging me. "How are you?" Sam asked. "Im perfect," I told him with a slight sarcasm in my voice. "Oh good-," Sam said, but I interrupted him. "Seriously, Sam? im miserable this cast sucks, and Im stuck inside the house all day," I grumbled, giving him a light smack on the shoulder. "What's that smell? Is that soap? Did you clean?" Dean asked. "What are you, my mother? Bite me." Bobby grumbled. "Bobby, seriously," Sam mumbled quietly. "I've been working. You know, trying to find a way to stop the devil." Bobby was grouchy. "Find anything?" Dean asked. "What do you think?" Bobby snapped back. "Bobby, there's just a case less than five miles from your house," Sam grumbled. "What the the Benny Sutton thing? That's what this is about?" Bobby asked. "Wait, I didn't catch that there is a Case here in Sioux Falls?" I wondered; Sam quickly told me what had happened. "I had no idea I didn't get the Memo," I mumbled. "Well, you sleep like a bear," Bobby mumbled. "Normally not," I mumbled when I remembered something. "Did you put something in my food?" I snapped. "You wouldn't take your meds. I had to do something." Bobby sounded innocent. "You asshole." I snapped and hobbled away, grabbing my bag in a swing. Sam and Dean called me back, but I hobbled out of the house. "Kaylee, where are you going?" Sam followed me outside while I ignored him, heading towards my car. "Kee, you can't drive." Sam tried to stop me. "Watch me." I growled, opening the car door. I somehow made it to a motel, one of the two hotels in town. After I got my room from the owner of the Motel. I grabbed my bag and hobbled to my room on the ground floor. The poor guy tried to help me, but I refused and thanked him. The next morning, I woke up from Bobby calling me. "What?" I grumbled. "Your brothers got in trouble. They are in prison." he told me. "Great, I'm on my way." I hung up, dressed, and drove to the PD, where I saw Sam and Dean behind bars while Bobby talked with a female sheriff. "What did they do?" I asked straight up. "Broke into a home with unregistered weapons." The female Sheriff said. "Oh great." I grumbled. "So what's the verdict?" I asked, not looking at Bobby. "Kaylee." Bobby grumbled. "Leave me be, old man." I snapped back. "Alright, alright, can we all calm please?" a hand moved me to the other side, and I couldn't resist the pressure. "Who is she, Bobby?" she asked, nodding towards me. "Kaylee Winchester, Sheriff Jody Mills." Bobby nodded from me to Sheriff Mills and back to me. "Another Winchester?" she asked after shaking my hand. "Adopted sister, but yes." I replied.