Chapter 48

Ellen shook her head before speaking. "That's not-" Ellen started, but Jo stopped her. Jo smiled, but I could feel her pain. "Mom. It might be your last chance to treat me like an adult. Might wanna take it?" Jo said. I saw in her face how pale and white her skin got and wore while we were still here. Ellen, at that time, was sobbing, and so was I when her facial expression changed. "You heard her. Get to work." Ellen demanded, and while Sam and Dean got to work, Ellen stabilized my leg with some wood for me to walk; when the boys finished, it was already dark. While Dean finished up, Sam said goodbye to Jo. "Kaylee, don't cry. It's going to be okay. I'm going to be with my dad and Ash." Jo whispered as I leaned over, hugging her. "Tell Mullet, man, I love him." I whispered into her ear. "will do." Jo gave me one last smile, and with some trouble, I got up leaning against the shelve when Dean walked over. Sam helped me up, holding me so my leg could rest. "Okay, this is it. I'll see you on the other side. Probably sooner than later." I heard Dean tell Jo when I saw him passing the Trigger for the Bomb into Jo's hand. "Make it later." she replied with a weak smile. Sam pulled me away, but I stood firm until I saw what was happening between Dean and Jo. He kissed her on the forehead, paused, and then went in, kissing Jo. "Well, dam." I whispered Sam heard it but it was to late, Dean got up when Ellen walked over to sit next to Jo  "Mom, no." Jo was crying when she realized what Ellen was doing. "Somebody's gotta let them in. Like you said, you're not moving. You got me, Jo, And you're right, this is important." Ellen whispered. I tried to walk, but my leg was too weak to stand on. "But I will not leave you here alone." Ellen whispered, "Dean."  Sam whispered when Ellen looked up, meeting my teary eyes  I reached my hand out, and Ellen took it squeezing it. "Get going now." she whispered. With that, she released my hand. Dean held me briefly when I turned around before leading me to Sam, who helped me through the window onto the fire escape stairs. I couldn't hear the conversation behind me since Sam had guided me down the stairs to the back of the shop. Dean was fast behind us when my legs gave up, and Sam barely caught me before I fell down the stairs. "Come on, Sis, you can do it." Sam whispered behind me. We finally reached the bottom of the staircase. "Hop on." Sam helped me on his back, supporting my legs while Dean was behind us with the weapons. We ran for a few minutes before an explosion behind us got us spinning around where we stood. I lowered my head on Sam's shoulder, bawling, knowing Ellen and Jo were gone. Sam turned around, walking since he couldn't run, but he tried,  "Let me down, Sammy." I whispered tapping his shoulder, when he did I whiped over my eyes  "I can't come with you, Im crippled and won't be able to run away." I told them, "Kaylee." Dean started, but I stopped him. "Dean, get the Devil Kicking him back to hell." I looked into Dean's teared-up eyes. We weren't far from the Cars, so I hobbled over, feeling the pain running through my leg  "Kaylee." A deep voice said behind me, when I turned my head I saw Cas. "Where were you? We needed you." I grumbled, mad. "Im sorry Lucifer trapped me." Cas said, walking towards me. "Oh great, and we lost Ellen." I couldn't finish since Tears bawled out of my eyes. "Your leg?" Castiel looked at my messed-up leg. "Can you heal it?" I asked. Cas raised his hand, touching my forehead. I felt a warm tingling feeling running through my body when, all of a sudden, it stopped. "Im sorry, I can't heal your leg." he said. I grumbled, shifting my weight on my healthier leg  "Where are Sam and Dean?" he asked  "At a Farm where Lucifer would be." I grumbled, feeling the pain in my leg. A feeling went through my body when I landed on my legs and fell to the ground. "Kaylee." Somebody called, and two wheels got into my eyesight. A big hand fell on my shoulder, and when I looked, I saw Bobby. I sat up, and with some help, he sat me on the couch. "It's gonna be okay." Bobby said before he rolled away, returning with a first aid kit. He patched up my leg, but he and I didn't know if I could potentially lose my leg. Cas brought Sam and Dean back after a few hours. Together, we sat at the fireplace while I rested my leg. Bobby had developed the picture from earlier, and Sam was standing next to me. We all watched the fire. When something landed inside,. It was the picture; we all watched while it burned in flames. Since I couldn't walk for a few weeks, Bobby told me to stay with him while Sam and Dean went to Oklahoma for a Case in a Psychiatric Clinic. "Have fun weirdo." I mumbled. I hadn't eaten a lot since the hardware store blew up. Bobby tried his best, but I refused any food he brought me. "Ellen and Jo won't return if you refuse to eat, kiddo." Bobby moved the plate closer to me. Pancakes, Bacon, and Ham slice. "Also I dont want to tell your brothers about your hunger strike." he added, it smelled so good I couldnt refuse with in minutes the plate was empty.