Chapter 3

I knew something was wrong. "So he's probably working overtime. Hell, stumble in sooner or later." Sam said, still with his Arm around Jess. Dean ducked his head briefly, trying to get the right words out, looking back up toward Sam and me, who were still close to Sam and Jess. Dad is on a hunting trip and hasn't been home in a few days." When Sam heard those ominous words, he knew Dad was in trouble. I already knew something was wrong. "Jess, excuse us. We have to go outside." Sam released his arm around his girlfriend, grabbed his Jacket while I did the same, and followed the two down the stairs. I heard my brother's bickering in front of me. "I mean, come on. You can't just break in at night and expect me to hit the road with you." Sam followed Dean down the stairs from the apartment while I was behind him. "You're not hearing me, Sammy. Dad's missing. I need you and Keele to find him." Dean walked more steps while. "I hear you, Dean, but he's right. Maybe he's somewhere and just fine." I quietly said. "You remember the poltergeist in Amherst? Or the Devil's Gates in Clifton? He was missing then, too. He's always missing, and he's always fine." Sam said when Dean stopped turning around to face us. "Not for this long. Now, are you guys coming with me or not?" Dean asked. "Can't. I have exams next week." I said behind him. "Im also not going." "Why not?" Dean asked right after Sam finished speaking. "I swore I was done hunting." Sam slightly shook his head. I knew after the fight between Dad and Sam. He ran away to Stanford while I finished the job I had, hunting down a possessive ghost before getting off the grid and following my brother, who was enrolling in the same College. "Come on. It wasn't easy, but it wasn't that bad." Dean said and walked down the stairs with Sam and me following him. "Yeah? When I told Dad I was scared of the thing in my closet, he gave me a .45." Sam and Dean still discussed Dad being missing, and Dean stopped at the door downstairs in front of the door. "Well, what was he supposed to do?" Dean asked as I stepped between Sam and Dean. "I was nine years old. He was supposed to say, don't be afraid of the dark." Sam snapped at Dean. "Don't be afraid of the dark. Are you kidding me? Of course, you should be afraid of the dark. "You never know what's out there." "Yeah, I know, but still. The way we grew up." I interrupted Sam. "I know what you wanna say, Sam, but Dean." I turned over to Dean. "this was a decision we both made, leaving hunting and having a normal life," I told Dean. Sam placed his hand on my shoulder. "Thanks, but Sis, after Mom was killed and Dad's obsession with finding what killed her," Sam said to both Dean and I. "I know, Sam, but have we found that thing that killed Mom? No, So we might never find it." I grumbled with my arms crossed in front of my chest. "We save a lot of people doing it, too," Dean said, there was a slight pause. "You think you would want this for us?" Sam asked, stepping forward. I went right between them, breaking it up. "Stop it, both of you," I pushed Sam back. I felt the cold from outside hitting me when Dean slammed the door open. I walked behind Dean down some more stairs from the door down onto a parking lot where the black Impala, which was Dad's old car, was standing. This was Deans's most precious possession. "So you both wanna live a normal apple pie life?" Dean asked while walking. I didn't see Sam looking over to me. "No, not normal safe," Sam mumbled under his breath, following me behind him. "And that's why you ran away?" Dean asked, turning to Sam. I was right there in the middle, being the blockade between them. But Dean turned away. I was a bit more relaxed. "I was just going to College. Dad said if I was going to go, I should stay gone. And that's what I'm doing." Sam said, following Dean to the car. I decided if somebody ran away, it was me, Dean, not Sammy." I said behind them. "Yeah, well, Dad's in real trouble right now. Suppose he's not dead already. I can feel it." Dean said. Sam and I stayed silent for a second. "I can't do this alone." Dean quietly said. "Yes, you can." Sam and I said at the same time. Dean looked down for a second before looking back up towards us. "Yeah, well, I don't want to." I walked up to him. "What was Dad hunting before he disappeared?" I asked him, Dean turned towards the car and opened the Truck and a little compartment with all the weapons and things inside it needed for hunting. "All right, where the hell did I put that thing." Dean searched through the arsenal while Sam and I stepped closer. "Why weren't you with Dad when he left?" I asked, looking over Deans's Shoulder. I was working on my case, this voodoo thing in New Orleans." Dean told us, smiling. "Dad, let you go hunting on your own?" Sam and I asked again in unison. "Im twenty-six, dude." Dean pulled out a piece of Paper. "Yeah, dumbass me too." I gave Dean a light scoff. Dean passed the Paper over to Sam, and It was an article. "Dad was checking out this two-lane blacktop just outside Jericho, California. About a month ago, this guy." Dean passed us a paper from the folder in his hands. "Found his car, he vanished completely MIA." Dean continued. "Maybe he was kidnapped?" I suggested. "Yeah, well, there was another one in April." Dean passed another paper over to us.