Chapter 51

Sam's stern look told me to calm down before he released me. "I thought he was the town drunk," Sam said, nodding to a man at the end of the row. "Who told you that?" the man asked while I returned to the table. Sam loaded a gun before answering. "Bobby Singer, Stay sharp. I'll watch the front door." Sam clocked the weapon and walked to the front while I stayed with Sheriff Mills. "You okay?" I asked her. "Well, I just lost husband and son, well, the last one for the second time." she almost whispered. I touched her shoulder, comforting her a little while she cried quietly on me when Sam needed us; Sheriff Mills and I walked over while Sam opened the front door. Peeking out, we fought through the city, killing a few Zombies. "I thought they were more," I whispered. "Maybe they're gathering somewhere," Sheriff Mills suggested. I nudged Sam on the arm. "Bobby," I whispered with a slight panic in my voice. "Come on." Sam, Sheriff Mills, and I rushed to Bobby's house, filled with zombies. "Sam," I yelled, seeing them. "Shoot them, Kee," Sam yelled, and I aimed for the first zombie I noticed. As I pulled the trigger, I heard shots close to me, seeing bodies drop in front of me. When my bullet met the zombie's head, making him fall to the ground, I immediately aimed for the next hearing. Sheriff Mills and I fought our way into the house and found more zombies in a corner, and then I saw Dean. "Get down," Sam yelled; we shot down the remaining zombies together. my breathing was heavy as I lowered my weapon, but when I saw Dean, my heartbeat went down. "Are you okay?" Sam asked. I saw Dean nod. Dean and Sam helped Bobby out of the tight room they'd been in. Sam, Dean, and I returned to town after cleaning all the zombies from the yard. Sam and I went to a field and built a pyre for all the bodies of the zombies and Jody's husband and Son. I stood with Sam at the burning pyre when Dean and Sheriff Mills joined us. I knew this would be a change for her now that she knew there was more out there than Zombies. Both of them had been looking for more zombies without any luck. "Well, if there's any zombies left out there, we can't find them," Dean told us. "How are the townspeople?" Sam asked. "Pretty freaked out. Hell, even traumatized. A few of them are calling the papers. As far as I can tell, nobody's believed them yet." she told us. "Would you?" I asked. She shook her head. "How are you holding up?" Sam asked, I shrugged. My leg hurts like hell." I mumbled. "Is that everyone?" Dean asked. I heard a loud sigh from Sam. "All but one. I knew who he meant since that was the only one left out. Sam, Dean, and I joined Bobby at the scrapyard before a single funeral pyre. We all knew it was Karen's. "So, maybe I should apologize for losing my head back there," Bobby mumbled. I knew he was usually a man with a hard shell but a soft core. Bobby, you don't owe us anything." Sam whispered with a hand on his shoulder while I stayed next to Dean, a little happier now that I had a splint on my foot. "Hey, look, I don't know squat from Shinola about love, but... At least you got to spend five days with her, right?" Dean said on my other side. "Yes, Dean, maybe settle for one chick and don't go around screwing a couple of women," I whispered and barely dodged the hand he moved to hit me on the back of my head. "Right. Which makes things about a thousand times worse. She was the love of my life. How many times do I get to kill her?" Bobby said at the same time while I whispered with Dean. "Are you gonna be okay, Bobby?" I asked. "You guys should know. Karen told me why Death was here." Bobby said, looking up at Sam and then at me and Dean. "What do you mean?" Sam asked. "I know why he took a stroll through a Cemetery in the sticks of South Dakota. he came for me," Bobby told us. "What is that supposed to mean?" I asked. "Death came for me. He brought Karen back to send a message," he told us. "Why you?" Dean asked. "Because I've been helping you, you sons of bitches. Im one of the reasons you're still saying no to Lucifer Sam." Bobby looked over to Sam. "So there is like a hit on your life?" Dean asked. "I don't know if they wanted to take my life or my spirit. Either way, they wanted me out of the way." Bobby shrugged while I just listened and, in my thoughts, stared at the flames. A few days later, we were in a Motel when Dean woke me up early in the morning after the zombie attack in Sioux Falls. Dean noticed I was having bad dreams. Normally, Dean wouldn't share his bed, but I was shaking in my dreams; the only thing calming me down was having him close to me. "Wake up." he whispered; when I sat up, I saw two masked men standing in our room. "Hands where I can see them." the fatter one ordered. I showed them my free hands when I saw the slimmer one with the throwing knives I used to have close by. "Wait a minute. Is that you, Roy? It is. Which makes you Walt. Hiya Walt." Dean suddenly said. I looked closer, seeing both men. Walt and Roy took their masks off.