Chapter 12

Camila's POV

My heart was racing and I could feel the sweat begin to form on my forehead as the knocking became louder and more constant, first thing that came to my mind was 'shit she remembered'. I stood up and wiped the sweat of my hands and stared at my door.

"Camila!" I heard Lauren say and I bit my lip and groaned quietly. I thought of every way I could get out of the lie I had said or anything I could do to not have her freak-out.

"Um I- Don't break my door down, I'm coming." I said taking a deep breath, I put my hand on the doorknob and slowly turned it, I opened the door to find Lauren with her hands in her pocket and she looked worried.

"You okay?"

"Do you remember where I left my guitar? I don't remember taking it with us. Is it still in your shop?" As soon as those words left her mouth and let out a breath I didn't know I was even holding. Heck if she doesn't remember now maybe she won't remember ever so I'll just play it cool. Nothing happened.

"No, I don't know. I'm pretty sure you left it at the shop."

"Oh god. Oh and by the way if that, in fact, is a hickey please tell me that wherever you got it. I wasn't there." She said pointing to my neck and leaning on the doorway.

I smirked and pressed myself against the wall next to the doorway I picked my head up; it was now inches away from Lauren's. Her breath hitched and I saw her tense up a bit but she didn't move away.

"Why?" I asked locking my eyes with hers.

She cooled down and leaned her face closer to mine. "Because." She looked down and furrowed her eyebrows. She then looked up at me and squinted her eyes. I smiled at the face she was making.

"I can't think of anything clever to say right now."

"Am I making you nervous?" I grabbed the hem of her shirt and pulled her closer making her step one foot inside my apartment and bringing her face dangerously close to mine. She looked up at the ceiling and bit her lip smiling causing my stomach to feel as if it was doing a back flip.

"No, you don't." She said backing away from my face a tad.

"I find that hard to believe." I pouted letting go of her shirt and walking inside.

"How so?" She said stepping into my apartment and closing the door. I grinned and gave myself a mental high five since the plan I had going was working. I sighed and twirled around playing the ends of my hair.

"I can tell by your face, the way you look at me or how you sometimes forget what to say when we're talking." I said as she walked up to me but I walked past her to the kitchen making sure to bump into her making her huff.

I went and grabbed an apple and propped myself up on the counter. She walked inside my kitchen and leaned on the door frame.

"Is that your thing now?" I asked gesturing her.

"What?"

"Leaning on stuff."

She looked beside her and studied the door frame. "It makes me look cool." She smirked.

"Oh yeah like smoking?" I said and her smirk dropped.

"Ha ha." She pushed herself off the door frame and walked up to me, she yanked the apple out of my hand and took a bit before giving it back.

"Rude, much?"

"Does it look like I care?" She said while chewing.

"It's gross to talk with your mouth full." She swallowed and opened her mouth wide, it was clear.