Chapter 18

Lauren's POV

He put his finger over his lips.

"Chris?" I whispered and he nodded, he licked his lips and grabbed my arm dragging me back into the alley, at times like this is where there was a killer at the end of the alley to save me or I wish alleys didn't exist.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I hissed getting out of his grasp.

"I need money." He finally said and I couldn't hold back my laughter, they came out more like cackles, like those hyenas in the lion king.

"Lauren." I tried to take a deep breath to stop my laughter but as soon as I looked at Chris again I couldn't stop.

"I need to pay back my dealer and I'm broke."

"Are you serious?" I asked in disbelief, I took him by the shoulders and sat him down on the bench.

"After all these years, you ran away from home with your little group, we don't hear about you so we assume you're dead you come out of nowhere and you ask me for money? Not even a hello oh my god I'm sorry for being a shit excuse of a brother." He looked down and put his hands through he's greasy hair, he had a musty smell to him, he ran his hands down to his face then proceeded to put them on top of his knees to calm his shaky legs.

"I'm sorry, okay?"

"No, you're unbelievable." I turned away from him and started to walk away.

"Lauren just helps me, please."

"You're fucking nuts if you think I'm giving you money."

"I broke off the things with John and the other guys; they threw me in the street and took my money; everything I had. My dealer is looking for me because I owe him money; if I don't pay him he'll kill me."

"I find that hard to believe, you look drugged up, what is going to assure me that if I give you money you won't go and spend it on drugs? Nothing, I'm not helping you out Christopher."

He sighed and let out a small whine, he looked desperate and it made me feel bad, I didn't like seeing him like this, he was always the nice kid, he was an athlete, musician, he had a nice group of friends until well that. I hated this.

"It's hard okay? And I know I'm killing myself doing this but if I get the dealer off my back I can fix myself up, I can look for a job and stuff I don't know. That's why I came to you, you're my big sister and I need you."

"For cash."

"I haven't showered in a month." He said with a pout.

"I can tell, you smell like crap."

"Thanks, I appreciate the honesty." He put his hands in his pocket and looked down.

I groaned and looked straight at him. Logan popped into my mind and I knew he was going to kill me for what I'm going to do.

"C'mon." I said and he looked up, I could see a little spark in his eye as he smiled.

"Don't get happy, I'm just gonna let you shower and I'll see if I can find you some new clothes."

"Thank you." He said walking up to me.

"Yeah yeah; don't touch me." I said as he was going in for a hug, he quickly backed away and I led him to a building nearby.

"Let me make a call, there's no way I can take you to my place." I didn't want to get on Logan's bad side so I thought it would be better if I called a friend. I dialed Rick's number and hoped for the best. Luckily he said yes. I took Chris to Rick's apartment and I knocked on his door.