Chapter 15

Lauren's POV

I squeezed my eyes and hugged the figure that was wrapped in my arms closer to me, I furrowed my eyebrows, what I was hugging was softer than Camila, I peeked one eye open to see that I was hugging a pillow, I picked half my body up and put a hand through my messy bed hair, Camila's side of the bed was empty, her figure still imprinted on the mattress, he scent lingering on the bed sheets. I scoot onto her side of the bed and grabbed the pillow she rested her head on, it smelled like her hair, sweet vanilla. I smiled at myself as thoughts of Camila raced through my mind, I looked beside me and saw a note and a coffee mug, there was vapor coming out of the coffee mug meaning it was freshly made; I picked up the note and the mug, placing it to my lips and taking a sip.
I placed it down on the nightstand and read the note.

Lolo,
I'm sorry I had to leave early; I'll be at the shop.
I left you some breakfast and this coffee you will see next to this note; I hope that when you wake up it won't be cold.
I had an amazing time last night, thank you for staying over.
I'm expecting to spend way more time with you now; I already miss your kisses.
PS: To not wake you up I put a pillow around your arms so you could hug it, it wasn't me but deal with it!
You look beautiful when you sleep and you're a great pillow.
Lots of love,
Camz

I folded the note back up and placed a kiss on it, I then sniffed it and laughed, she had splashed some of her perfume on it. It was a cute gesture.

I got up and made her bed; I put my hair up and grabbed the mug. I made my way into the kitchen and served up the breakfast she had left me, pancakes.

Last night was more than amazing, more than I could ever ask her, when you're with someone you like, it's the best feeling in the world and to know that they like you back just as much as you like them is the best feeling in ever, with her I feel as if time stops, she makes me happy. After she told me to stay over I changed into one of her oversized sweaters and she told me to stay in my underwear, which I did. We watched movies all night and kissed until our lips were more than swollen to even be moved again, she fell asleep on my chest, I held her tightly and close to me.

This is something I could get really used to, she makes me a better person, she makes me feel better about myself. When I look into her eyes I see safety, joy, love. Everything I want in life. I even stopped buying cigarettes, well except for the one I have hidden in my underwear drawer which I've told myself to throw out. I finished up my breakfast and cleaned up. I had to see her, I have this longing for her, I needed her. I couldn't stay away for longer.

I stepped out of her apartment and locked her door with the key she keeps on the doorframe, I kept the key with me though, I know I shouldn't but I just don't like that it's kept on the doorframe.
I took a quick shower and got dressed, I looked around my apartment looking for Logan but he wasn't home, I missed him a little. I walked outside the building and made my way to her shop, on my way there I bought some flowers for her, before stepping inside I hid them behind my back.

I walked inside and looked around until my eyes met hers, I smiled and waved at her, she smiled back and walked over to me from behind the counter, I met her half way and pulled her into a hug, she rested her forehead on my neck and scratched my lower back in slow circular motions. She pulled away and I rested my forehead on hers, as I was about to kiss her she backed away a bit and bit her lip, I was about to say something about it but she placed a finger over my lips and grabbed my hand leading me towards the back of the shop. We walked into a closet and I laughed at her.

"Well isn't this ironic." I said and she placed a hand up my chest, running her finger on my exposed collarbones.

"I'm sorry, my uncle is here and they don't know." She said shyly.

I brought the flowers in-between us and her face lit up.

"These are for you." I said and she grabbed them and wrapped her arms around my neck, I ran my hands up and down her sides slowly.

"Can I kiss you now?" I asked playing with the ends of her hair; she bit her lip and nodded. I leaned closer to her grazing her nose against mine, I kissed her lips and lingered there for a bit, like there was no rush, we had all the time in the world, once again I needed to memorize the way her lips fit in mine, so perfectly, slowly our lips started to move together, slow and lazy, I nibbled down on her bottom lip earning a soft whimper. I pulled away and placed on last kiss before opening my eyes to look at her, her eyes were closed and she licked her lips.

She hummed as she pulled me into an embrace; I kissed the side of her head and rubbed her back.

"We should get out of here before they start wondering where I went." She said pulling away and placing her hands on my shoulders massaging them.

I agreed and we stepped out of the closet, I laughed as I found it funny. She looked back and rolled her eyes at me and walked away swaying her hips, I crossed my arms and waited a bit before following her.
I met her by the door and I kissed her cheek goodbye before stepping out of the shop, I had a gig to get to. I was a bit uncomfortable with the fact that Camila made us hide so I would be able to kiss her, I've never had to hide anything about myself, like sexuality so this is a bit weird for me but if she's not ready then I support her, I mean we're not really in a relationship... Yet; I would say I'm exclusive to her though.

I got my guitar and walked down the street to a nearby café, I set up and started to warm up, I looked up and the few people there, not a big crowd but I'm getting paid well.

I finished up my gig, I managed to bring about 10 or so people into the café making the owner very happy with me, I got my pay and left.

I was making my way home when out of the corner of my eye I saw someone familiar, too familiar. I turned and saw a guy, scruffy hair and slight stubble, he wore a white shirt and some worn out ripped jeans, he looked dirty as if he hadn't showered in weeks; he turned around and saw me. I froze and gripped harder on the handle of my guitar case, it was who I thought it was. He was almost unrecognizable, his eyes were bloodshot, he looked lost, confused, drugged up, like he hasn't slept in days. He averted his gaze from mine and looked down, ashamed.
He looked up at me once again and started to walk away, I wanted to run up to him but I was completely frozen, I had no idea what to do, he turned a corner and my body relaxed. I ran across the street and went to where he had walked to but he was out of sight now.

I don't know if my mind was playing games with me but I finally saw him, he's alive.