Chapter 17

Lauren's POV

"We need to talk."

The words pummeled through me like a ton of bricks, every time he said those words to me I knew it was something bad. I started to feel uneasy right away but I guess whatever he had to say was important if he looked the way he did. His eyes were wide and eyebrows were raised, his nostrils were slightly flared and his hands were grasping the table harshly.

I looked at Camila who stood up slowly from her seat, I looked at her apologetically and she nodded and left Logan and I alone.

"What's up?" I asked nonchalantly.
He sat where Camila previously was and crossed his arms, he bit down on his bottom lip and his left leg was bouncing up and down.

"I was walking by the park and I swear I saw Chris." He said through gritted teeth.

"So you saw him too..." I looked down and laced my fingers together.

"What the fuck is he doing here?" His tone scared me; I've never heard him this mad. He's been angry before but in all the years I've known and lived with him... This is new.

"Lauren, let me just tell you one thing. I know you way too well, if you end up bringing him into our home I swear to God."

"Logan relax, I didn't even talk to him I just saw him standing on the sidewalk."

If the thought of helping Chris didn't cross my mind I'd be lying, at the end of the day he's my brother and I would love to help him, I didn't trust him at all but I would end up helping him.

He scoffed and shook his head. "Lauren I'm serious, I get it he's your brother-"

"So are you." I cut him off and he's face relaxed a bit, he took a deep breath making his chest go up and down slowly, a smile slowly formed and he looked at me giving me a bashful expression.

"Yeah but he's you're blood brother." He looked down sadly and rubbed his neck.

"Well well... Look at you."

"Don't tease me." He sounded like a child, I smiled and reached over by him and messed up his hair.

"You're more than a brother to me than he ever was, I'm not going to lie and say I don't love Chris, I do. I love you way more than Chris."

"I know, thank you."

"Don't get cocky; is that everything you wanted to talk about?"

"No, how are you and Camila? Are you dating yet? You should."

"One day you're telling me to be careful and now this?"

"You're happy when you're with her; I noticed that smile as I was walking in here. It's nice." I blushed and glanced behind me towards Camila, she was talking to a girl and I couldn't help but feel a hint of jealousy running through me. I bit bottom lip and turned back to Logan.

"It's a costumer relax." He stood up and walked up to Camila, I turned in my chair to see what he was gonna do.

He stood behind the girl and moved from side to side, he turned back at me and mouthed something I couldn't make out. Camila looked over at me and laughed; she then bit her lip and looked down shyly. I got up and walked over to them. The girl that was talking to Camila looked at me and then walked away.

"What?" I asked.

"You're jealous?" She asked and I groaned and looked at Logan.

"I didn't say anything I swear!"

"I was not jealous!"

"I'm gonna go, let the couple talk." He winked and ran away before I could say anything. Camila looked at me, she was grinning.