Prologue: Hatching

(Dabi's P.O.V)

"It's hatching!" Hawks gasped, pointing at the large, white egg in my lap. I looked down hurriedly to see a spreading crack across the shell. I still couldn't believe that we actually were able to have a child... I was a vigilante, he was a hero. I guess the whole 'childhood friends' trope made it work. Although, he's trans. So... Yeah.

I was snapped out of my to thoughts when a loud 'Crack' resounded through the alleyway and the eggshell split open. A tiny, slightly pudgy baby crawled out into my lap and looked right at me. "Aaa",  it babbled, reaching out to my face. "Hi!" Hawks exclaimed, leaning down to examine our baby. He looked up and smiled at me. "It's a girl." He crouched and I gently handed him the baby, but she grabbed onto my pinky. "Hehe, alright. You can take my pinky with you for now." I chuckled, raising my hand so that Hawks could wrap her in a sheet. Afterwards, we could take a look at her. Now that she was in the moonlight, I gasped slightly at seeing her features. She had shining, silky white feathers, and their hair was my white with streaks of Hawks' blonde. But her eyes were the most striking of all. They had the arrow-shaped birthmarks from Hawks, and the right one was golden like the sun, but the left was...

"Yours." Hawks said, gazing at the baby's one turquoise eye, as if he had read my mind. "Oh no.. We have to hide her hair and eye. If this secret gets out we're all done for." I sighed. Hawks wrapped his arms around me and the baby. "Don't worry. There's baby-safe hair dye and I can cut their hair to cover their eye." Hawks soothed. I was about to calm down, but there was a shout of, "There he is!". I hissed at recognising that screwed voice. Enji Todoroki, or Endeavor. Also a pile of flaming trash. Ever since I went vigilante, he's been on my trail.

"Oh no!" Hawks exclaimed, wings spreading out in a panic. I pulled him into one last hug. "I love you, Keigo." I whispered. "Love you too, Touya." He replied, and he flew up into the sky as I made a ball of fire to block Endeavor's view so that they- And I- could escape unseen. I ran into an abandoned building to lose the flaming trash, butI bumped my head on a beam and fell into a crate of feathers. Before blacking out, the last thing I saw was Hawks flying our daughter to safety. My vision faded to darkness as he crossed the horizon, our secret safe.

For now.