Father

"Keiya?" They turned around quickly. Kirishima was standing there, a concerned look in his face.

"I'm all right, Kirishima. I just need to buy something else, so-"

"I'll be outside. If you need help, yell." He turned around and walked just outside the store.

Now almost alone, Keiya took another deep breath and turned around once more. The man (Their father) was looking at them half-curiously, half-happily. Keiya didn't get their hopes up-Would their father recognise them after nine years? "Keiya?" Their father asked shakily. Yep, he recognised them for sure.

"Yes." Keiya nodded, ineffectively trying to hold back a tear. "Father, it's me." Tears trickled down their cheeks as they launched themselves into their father's open arms. A few drops of blood fell from his eyes and rolled onto his sleeves. Dabi would only cry tears for his family, and that's what Keiya was. He squeezed them gently in an embrace that he hoped would make up for nine years of his absence.

"I didn't know where you were!" Keiya sobbed. "I wanted to find you!" "I'm so sorry. I had to keep you and your dad safe." Dabi confessed."And I didn't want people treating you badly because of me." Keiya was shocked. "I would never be ashamed of you, even if you're a vigilante. Even if you were a villain, you would still be my father." They said fiercely. Dabi smiled, brushing Keiya's fringe across to reveal their turquoise-blue left eye. He inspected their eyes a bit longer, nodding at the sun-shaped irises and the arrow-shaped birthmarks. "Just as I thought." He nodded. "Has anyone found out?" "No." Keiya answered. "My friend knows that my roots are white, but he didn't link it to inherited DNA." "Good." He put his child's fringe back. "You talk smart for someone who took an aging serum a few months ago." Although, you are academically advanced for your age." "How do you know?" Keiya asked. "Your dad tells me a lot about you. I have an eidetic memory, just like you. I remember everything about you." He explained. "And I also support genders outside the binary." He added, noting how Keiya sighed in relief.

Just then, Dabi's cellphone rang, and he swiftly picked it up. "Hello? Yes, fine Toga. I'm nearly done buying my hair dye. Goodbye." He hung up and turned back to Keiya. "I have to go before my friends pick me up. It's not safe for them to see you."He ganded them a slip of paper. "This is my text contact. As soon as it's safe, text me." He gave his child one last hug and then slipped his hood back on. "Bye." Keiya said, waving to him as he disappeared from view.

When Keiya walked out of the store, Kirishima immediately ran to their side. "What happened with the man?" He asked. "Just a conversation about how he's grateful for the puffer." Keiya explained hurriedly. "Okay, let's fly back." Kirishima said, and Keiya picked him up to fly back to UA.

Meanwhile, Dabi was walking into an alley. He noticed that something kept thumping against his thigh, so he reached into his pocket and pulled out the asthma puffer that Keiya had somehow slipped into it. He was glad-His child was kind, thoughtful and smart. As he called Kurogiri to come pick him up, he smiled again, and put the puffer back in his pocket.