Upbringing

Seven years later...

(3rd Person P.O.V)

Ever since she was four, Keiya Takami aspired to follow in her dad's hero footsteps. She would watch every hero video on the news intently to learn their techniques, even copying them. As she did, Hawks watched carefully, sometimes giving feedback such as, "That works better with a heavy weapon. Try a pillow, like this one.". As Keiya perfected her bo staff routine (Using a broom handle), Hawks clapped. "Nice job, sweetheart! Time for dinner.". "Okay!" Keiya beamed, putting the broom handle away and perching herself on a chair. "What's this?" She asked, pointing with two fingers at the plate in front of her. "Maki rolls. It's like sushi, but not exactly." Hawks explained. "Because it's round?" Keiya asked, eyes wide. Hawks chuckled at Keiya's curious expression. He would always see that look on his daughter's face if she wanted to know something. "Probably." He replied. "Also, why did you point at the rolls with two fingers?" "Miss Akuhiro said that it might be rude to some people if you point with one finger only, so we should always point with two." Keiya said. "Oh, that's interesting." Hawks nodded. "So how was-Pffft! Keiya!" Hawks burst out laughing at the sight of Keiya stuffing a whole roll in her mouth and trying to chew it. "Hmm?" Keiya asked through the roll. "Nothing, Keiya. Just don't choke." Hawks giggled, trying to calm his breathing. "Mmm." Keiya nodded, chewing on the roll stuck in her mouth. 

(Hawks P.O.V.)

"Anyway, how was school today?" I asked once Keiya had swallowed the Maki roll (Which had taken five minutes). "Well, Toriki and I got a 95 on our project. And they need  you to sign this form so I can move to the fourteen-year-old's class." "Oka- Wait, the Year 8 Class?!" I gasped. "That's six years above your age!" "I know, but they said I can do it. They gave me these worksheets and I did them all!" She passed me some worksheets, and I immediately recognised her curly, neat handwriting on the paper. I looked at the top-right corner of each one to see a 100% mark on each one, "Wow." I said, giving her back the worksheets. "So is that a yes?" She asked. "Is my favourite restaurant KFC?" Keiya laughed. "Of course I'll sign the form. So when will you move?" I asked, pulling a pen out of my pocket. "As soon as I give the form back. So tomorrow." Keiya nodded. "Here," I gave her back the form. "Are you done eating?" "Yes. Is it hair dye day again?" She asked. "Yep. Let's head to the bathroom." "Dad, do you want to see something I can do now?." Keiya smiled. "Okay, sure." I paused to watch as Keiya detached four feathers form their wings. The feathers moved quickly to simultaneously put the Maki rolls in the fridge and stack the plates in the sink. "Exactly how much do you train when I'm away?" I asked questioningly. "A lot." She said. "Let's go to the bathroom."

(Keiya's P.O.V.)

I sat down on the chair in the bathroom as my dad got the dye read.  After shaking the creams in the little squeezy bottle for a bit, he brushed my fringe off my face. "Hold still." He said, starting to apply the dye on the top of my head. I didn't exactly know why, but I loved the cold feeling of the dye slipping down my hair. "So how was your work, Dad?" I asked. "Pretty good. I just flew around the city to make sure it's safe."He replied. "When I'm a hero too, let's fly around the city together!" I smiled. "Sure." Dad smiled back. "Okay, now we wait..."

(3rd Person's P.O.V.)

After 10 minutes, Keiya washed the dye out in the shower and had a bath. She crawled into bed and Hawks kissed her goodnight. "Sweet dreams, Keiya." He said, patting her on the head. A very sleepy Keiya replied, "Good night, Dad." as Hawks closed the door.

(This is what Keiya's hair looks like)