The Offer

(Hawks' POV)

I was having a pillow fight with Keiya, who somehow managed to beat me every time. Suddenly, a something crashed into our glass balcony door. "What is it?" Keiya asked from behind me. I ventured out carefully and picked it up. It was a letter. "Can you read it?" She asked. "Sure, sweetheart." I said, opening the letter and reading it out loud.

"Dear Keigo Takami, 

we have an offer for you regarding your daughter, Keiya. For years, the development department has been working on an aging serum that doubles a person's biological age. However, there are few suitable candidates for the human testing stage until now. We've tracked your daughter's progress in school and based on her age and education level, she is a suitable candidate for the test. Please consider this seriously. If you consent for Keiya to undergo the experiment, please sign this paper and appear at the HPSC HQ within a week.

-The HPSC"

I put the letter down, horrified. It was already bad that I had been sold to them, but now they were experimenting on children? I was about to tear the letter to shreds, but a voice said, 

"Yes!"

I turned around to see Keiya, eyes shining. "I'll do it! I can go to UA and I can help science!" "But..." I paused, hesitating. I quickly thought about it, and I remembered that I could get any treatment possible if this went wrong. I was the Number 3 Pro Hero, after all. Plus, it would get Keiya closer to her dream.

I sighed. "We'll do it." Keiya gasped excitedly. "Really?". "Really." I nodded, signing the paper. "Thank you, Dad! I'll be a good hero, I promise!"

I smiled as she threw herself into my arms for a hug.

"I know you will."