Convenience Store

Two minutes of flying later, Keiya and Kirishima arrived outside the convenience store. "I'll show you which dye is the best." Kirishima said. As they went in, Keiya wrapped their wings around themselves to make sure they wouldn't knock anything over. The store was mostly empty, except for the storekeeper and a few scattered customers.

When they walked into the hair isle, Kirishima immediately passed them multiple boxes. "Here are the best blonde dyes." He pointed at one. Since your natural colour is really light, this one will work perfectly." "Thanks!" Keiya smiled, putting the other boxes away. Kirishima was about to get his own dye, but he froze.

"Keiya." He whispered. "Don't turn around, but a man in black is staring at you." Keiya's eyes widened, and their feathers ruffled once again, sensing for any vibrations that could help them. "He can't breathe well. We should get him some medicine." Keiya whispered back, taking the dye box out of Kirishima's hand. "I'll pay for these dyes and get an asthma puffer for the man." "Don't you need a prescription for those?" Kirishima asked. "According to my dad, if I show my license card, I can get medical supplies from stores without prescriptions." Keiya explained. "Okay, go." He told Keiya, and they went to the front counter.

"Just these and one asthma puffer, please." Keiya told the storekeeper. The kindly-looking man scanned the dyes, then said, "License or prescription, please." Keiya took their hero license out of their wallet. The man scanned it, then reached into the counter and took out a blue Ventolin puffer. Keiya paid for the items with their copy of Hawks' credit card. "Thank you. Have a good day!" Keiya said before heading back to Kirishima. The shopkeeper replied with a, "You too, hon."

As they walked back, Keiya's phone buzzed and they answered it quietly. It was another of their dad's daily check-ins. He'd been calling every single day ever since Keiya was injured at USJ. "Hey, Keiya. How's everything going today?" He asked. "Good, thanks dad. How about you?" "Meetings are boooooring." Keiya chuckled at their dad's comment. "I'm just buying hair dye with Kirishima. I'll call you later, okay? Bye!" Keiya hung up the phone as they got back to Kirishima. "I paid for everything. Should I give him the puffer?" Keiya asked, gesturing to the man in black. "Yeah. You're gentler." Kirishima nodded. "Okay." Taking a deep breath, Keiya took the puffer out of their white tote bag and turned around to face the man in black.

"Excuse me, sir, but I couldn't help but...Notice..." Keiya trailed off as the man turned to them. His turquoise blue eyes gazed down at them, and his hands were covered in burn scars, healthy skin stapled to the scars. Keiya's eidetic memory and imprinting system kicked in. This was the first man that they'd seen at birth when they broke the eggshell.

This was their father.