Internships

The next day, Class 1-A had packed their hero costumes and were on the bus to the train station, where the heroes they were interning for would pick them up. "Interning for Endeavor?" Keiya asked. Todoroki just grumbled incoherently. "If I see you, just say that you need to quickly scout out the area and I can pick you up and fly you around for a bit. Are you okay with that?" "Definitely."

At the train station, Hawks immediately showed up to pick up his interns. "Hey, Eraserhead. Just here to pick up Tokoyami and Keiya." He grinned. "Yes, yes." Aizawa groaned. "Just take them." The two waved goodbye to their friends before reaching Hawks. "Alright kids, let's fly back to my hero base! You can change there." 

Five minutes later, they had just changed into their hero costumes. The two ran to meet Hawks outside the building-But he was nowhere to be found. "What the..." Tokoyami said. "Hold on." Keiya closed their eyes, their feathers ruffling up again-The telltale sign that they were sensing for vibrations. 

"He's on the roof!" They exclaimed. "Let's go, Tsukoyomi!" Dark Shadow yelled, wrapping around Tokoyami's waist and launching him into the air. Keiya followed swiftly until they were at the roof of the building, where Hawks was sitting calmly on the edge.

"Oh, you made it. Good. Have a seat." He said, patting the floor next to him. Keiya sat down first, then Tokoyami next to them. "Okay. So what I usually do Is patrol the city and look out for trouble. If you see a villain while we're flying, just holler. And stay close to me. Let's go!" The three birds took flight, soaring into the sky. "Hey Hawks!" Keiya called. "Yeah, Hato?" He replied, flying a bit closer so that nobody had to yell. "I read about how albatross fly. They gain a bit of altitude. swoop and then they just glide. They don't have to flap their wings!" "Cool! Are you gonna try it?" Hawks asked. "Sure!" Keiya flew up, then plunged down for a second. Opening their wings, they caught the wind and started gliding across the sky. Tokoyami gaped in awe. "Whoa." "Tsukoyomi! Should we try the albatross technique?" Hawks yelled. "Let's do it." They followed Keiya, by their side when they were gliding freely through the sky.

"Look! There's Todoroki!" Tokoyami pointed at a red-and-white blob that was accompanied by green, dirty-blonde and big, flaming blobs. "I promised him that if I saw him, I'd take him for a fly so he could escape that flaming trash." Keiya muttered the last part under their breath, causing Hawks to give them an amused look. He knew that Keiya was in contact with their father, but he didn't know that they knew about the Todoroki Family History. He chuckled, thinking that Endeavor had 🦆 up so badly that even Keiya (A.K.A. Queen Cinnamon Roll) badmouthed him! 

Keiya had flown down to the others, refusing to look at Endeavor. "Hey, guys! How's patrol going?" "Good." Todoroki nodded. Meanwhile, Bakugou was trying to hold his laughter in at Keiya's blatant disgust towards Endeavor. "Hey, Hot Cheeto! You suck so badly that even Peace Dove over here hates you!" He yelled, and Todoroki burst out laughing. Midoriya just looked puzzled and a bit amused. Thankfully, there were no passerby to hear that insult. However, Hawks and Tsukoyomi heard it from the sky and laughed as well. 

Endeavor turned around, his flames getting higher as he got angrier. Suddenly, the other two birds swooped down hurriedly. Tokoyami grabbed Bakugou, Hawks took ahold of Midoriya and Keiya flew up with Todoroki, who was still laughing. "Thanks, Keiya." "Oh my god, you three were lucky that we were there to save you!" Hawks laughed. "We might have to fly for a few minutes while Enji over there calms down a-WHAT THE!" He screeched, pointing at the spot where they had left Endeavor. A dome of blue fire raged there, burning the floor tiles and trapping Endeavor.

 "That flame is probably more powerful than his! He's trapped!" Todoroki analysed. Bakugou decided to interject with a "No 💩, Sherlock". "Hold on. Keiya, you flew through fire at the Sports Festival! Can you rescue him?" Midoriya asked. "On it!" Keiya swooped down, flying straight towards the blue dome. They braced for impact as they got closer, but the only thing they felt was a slight increase in temperature. 

Endeavor was unconscious on the floor from the heat, which even he couldn't stand. A slender figure in black stood over him, cackling. Keiya flew up to him, arms crossed. "Father." Dabi turned around to see a slightly annoyed Keiya. "What's up?" He asked."Internships. I'm with dad." They explained. "Anyway, it is most unfortunately my duty do save this trash bag, so can you please pretend to be too triumphant to notice me grab him and escape?" "Can do." Dabi gave them a hug, then went back to cackling as Keiya grabbed Endeavor with their feathers and flew up with him.

"Got him!" Keiya called, flying up. "Is he injured?" Hawks asked. Keiya looked at his face-A big, smoking burn scar had torn across his face. "Oh dear." Todoroki said as the others landed. "You kids head back to UA, I have to get this one to the hospital. Change out of your hero costumes and meet each other back here, then go to UA. Bye!" Hawks gave Keiya a quick hug before flying Endeavor to the hospital. "Well, let's go change." Midoriya sighed.