Nothing will happen

"Newt?" I asked as I went outside and turned the corner. He was sitting on the edge of the building, his legs dangling over the side.

"Hm, oh hi." He said glumly looking down. 

No hello love, no nothing, not even a hello Jane, something is definitely wrong I can tell. 

"What's wrong?" I asked worried. He didn't say anything just looked ahead of him. He rolled up his sleeve and looked down at his arm causing me to look at his arm too. He had dark veins on his forearm and that's when it hit me. He was turning into a crank.

 "Newt.."

"Did I tell you how I got my limp?" He asked now looking straight ahead. 

"Noo..?" I said confused but intrigued. 

"It was about a month after you got lost in the maze. Everytime Minho would come back he was never able to find you. I hate to admit it, but I actually cried, I'd never cried so much in my entire life than I did in those 3 months." He started. 

"Oh newt.." I said sympathetically. He continued.

"So after about a month I..I couldn't do it anymore. Even though I didn't tell you, you were my whole world. You made me smile and laugh everyday. Seeing you smile was the best parts of my days.i didnt want to live without you, I couldn't. So one day......I climbed the ivy on the walls..and..and I jumped off." He continued his voice breaking. "I got caught in the ivy almost all the way down. A rock had cut a giant gash all the way from my hip to my ankle. Minho had found me on the ground and I blacked out, the next thing I remember is waking up in the med hut with a bandage on my leg and taking medicine then falling asleep." He finished. There was silence for a minute. I reached up to wipe something off me face and I hadn't realized I had been crying. 

"Newt...I'm so sorry, I didn't want to leave you. I swear. I-i just- I was trying to save others without saving myself as well." I said. 

"It's not your fault I don't blame you, if anything I blame myself for not stopping you sooner." He said tears also rolling down his cheeks. I put both of my hands on both sides of his face and turned his head to face me. 

"It's not your fault. I don't want to ever hear you say that, it wasn't your fault and it wasn't my fault, it just happened. But I'm alive now, and your alive too, we made it this far, together. Newt I love you and I always will, nothing will ever change that. Never. You are my everything and you always will be. I cant even imagine a day without you, being apart from you is so hard because of this fear that I have that one of us won't make it and that the last time we see each other could really be the last last time we see each other." I said. 

"I love you too, so much you don't even know." He said and leaned in and kissed me long and hard. The kiss was warm and soft but rough like this was the last time. We pulled away and looked each other in the eyes. I could see his eyes were full of love and determination. But also something dark. 

"But what do we do about this..?" He asked motioning twords his arm. 

"We will make it through this I won't let anything happen to you." I said grabbing his hand. We both smiled and sat down on the ledge. After a few minutes we heard a yell. 

"What the hell-?" We said simultaneously looking at each other. The yell sounded like it came from inside so we got up and went in to check out what it was.