Boring

The next thing we know we are split into multiple groups. Me, newt, Minho, Aris, and frypan all go with Jorge to a big truck. And Brenda with the others. The truck looked pretty badass. It was big and blue and covered in dirt. There were no windows. 

"I call shotgun." Newt said going and getting in the front seat. 

"Damn, I wanted shotgun." I said jokingly. 

"You can come sit on my lap if you want." Newt said with a wink. 

"Yeh as much as we'd all love to witness that," Minho started with sarcasm. "No, we can all have our own separate seats and that's that, newt can have shotgun Jane you can sit in the back." 

"Darn, sorry Blondie maybe another day." I said playfully. 

"OMG JUST STAWWP!" Minho moaned annoyedly. We both chuckled. 

"Come on, let's just go." I said as we all climbed into the truck. The ride was actually kinda smooth, considering we were driving on sand in the desert. I looked at newt and his face was lit up. He was smiling so hard and his eyes were so bright. He looked genuinely happy. His smile made me smile. I was so glad to see him smile again, a genuine smile. We stopped and got out at some point. We were on a ride on the side of the rode somewhere.

"That's where wicked is." Jorge said pointing to the closed in city surrounded by walls. 

"I don't ever want to go back there." I said determinedly.

"We won't." Newt said grabbing my hand and giving it a gentle squeeze. 

"We should get going." Jorge said and we all got back in the truck. 

A short drive later we started to slow down as we had seen tons of other vehicles in the middle of the makeshift road. We all got out and walked on foot. As we were walking I looked at the hood of one of the car and saw holes. They looked like bullet holes. 

"Guys..." I started. "Look..." 

"Wha-" frypan started looking at the holes as well but before he could even finish his sentence gunshot started raining on us. 

"GET DOWN!" Jorge yelled as we all ducked behind various vehicles. 

"WHAT IS HAPPENING??" Yelled Aris.

"We are being shot at dumbass." I said as he was sitting right next to me. 

"Well, by who? And why?" He asked again. 

"Well shit if i know." I said with sarcasm. 

I looked around the corner and saw a straight shot to where Minho and Jorge were. 

"Stay here." I said to Aris and frypan, and before they could protest I darted over to where Jorge and Minho were.

"Any clue what's going on?" I asked them. 

"No clue, people just started shooting at us." Minho said. Jorge seemed to be busy grabbing something out of his bag. 

"People,.... mountains..... mountain..... people....." I started to ponder.

"Uh oh, I can see the wheels turning in your brain Jane....care to share with the class?" Minho asked.

"People shooting at us...while we are in the mountains...people in the mountains.. mountain people.." I started hoping he'd catch on. He gasped and nodded letting me know he got it. 

"Not sure what you Amigos are yammering about but here Jane take this." Jorge said handing me a little block. 

"What is this?" I asked. 

"A bomb." Jorge said with a smile. I smiled excitedly. 

"Do I get to throw it?" I asked now really excited. 

"Mhmm." He said grabbing something else from his bag. "Alright on 3, 1, 2-" and before he could even say 3 someone interrupted him. 

"Put it down!" The person yelled. I looked over while I put the bomb down. There were actually 2 people standing beside us. They both looked like girls. The taller girl had dark brown braided hair and dark skin, she had a mask on and was pointing a gun at us. The second girl had a dirty blond braid hanging over her shoulder and pale-ish skin. Her eyes were a dark chocolate brown and looked very familiar but I couldn't quite place how. She was also pointing a gun at us. We all stood up from our various hiding places. Newt and the others slowly came and stood beside us. 

"Who are you?" The taller girl asked. 

"I'm Jane, this is Newt, fry, Jorge, Minho and-" I started but before I could finish they interrupted. 

"Aris!" The taller girl exclaimed.

"Harriet? Sonya?" Aris asked stepping twords them. The girls pulled down their masks and all 3 of them embraced each other in a big hug. 

"Aris who-?" Minho started. 

"Oh yeh, guys, this is Harriet, and Sonya." He said pointing to the darker girl and then to the blonde girl. "We were in the maze together until I got lost in it and then I was sent to you guys." 

"Yeh, gave us a hell of a fright." Sonya said. "But we're glad your alive." 

"Definitely." Said Harriet. "So why are y'all here?"

"We escaped from Wicked and are looking for people who could help us. We dont know what they call themselves but we heard they are going to the safe haven." I said lowering my hands. 

"Wicked?" Harriet asked. 

"Yeh...?" I said slowly. Sonya and Harriet just shared a look. 

"Follow us." Sonya said. 

"Alright boys let em up!" Harriet yelled. Out of nowhere people came out from hiding and a big truck started moving out of the way slightly opening up a big tunnel. We started to follow Sonya and Harriet through the big tunnel. We walked through and found a big camp with a whole bunch of other people. 

"Oh thank god, people." I said. 

"Hey we are people." Minho said complaining. 

"Yeh, but y'all were getting kinda boring." I said jokingly. 

"Hey!" Minho exclaimed.

"Shes right y'all are pretty boring." Jorge said jokingly as well. I heard frypan Snicker. 

As we were walking newt pulled me back a little bit while the others continued on a bit. 

"Mmm, so I heard you think I'm boring?" He said stopping and grabbing my waist and pulling me closer to him. 

"Mmmm..yeh you can be pretty boring sometimes." I said jokingly putting my hands on on his chest. 

"Oh so you think I'm boring when I do this..?" He said leaning in and kissing me. His kisses always changed depending on the mood. This time the kiss was rough with a bit of softness to it. It was exciting and made shivers go down my spine. Definitely not boring. I could tell he felt me shiver slightly. 

"Mmm, yeh I'm definitely boring." He said pulling away and walking twords the group leaving me standing there dumbfounded for a minute.