Chapter 4 - Moon and sun!

𝓦𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓼𝓵𝓮𝔂 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓢𝓲𝓰𝓮𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓷𝓮 ( SIGEWINNE POV )

A new beginning

"Are you ready, Winnie? I've made breakfast,"

Every morning was the same for me. Get dressed, eat, brush my teeth and get Wriothesley to do my hair. One weekdays he would drive me to daycare before he went to work, and on weekends we would stay at home and play games.

I was very excited to see Ms. Y/N today. Not only did I get Mr. Fluffy back today but being at daycare was really fun! Sometimes I wished Ms. Y/N could come home and play with me on weekends. Sometimes I think it would make it less boring - I'm not saying Wriothesley is boring... it'll just spice things up!

I think Wriothesley had planned to take me to the music festival in a couple of weeks. I was thinking of asking Ms. Y/N if she was going! Maybe her and Wriothesley could spend the day together! That'll be fun.

"Yep!" I cheered.

I ran downstairs, tugging on my bow and adjusting it into place. "Look at me!" I spun around, showing off my outfit to his eyes.

Wriothesley stood in the kitchen, his body leaning over the counter while he wore an apron. He chuckled with a bright smile, "You look great Sigewinne. There's some juice on the table," His head tilted to the apple juice which sat on the table.

I crawled onto the chair and grabbed the glass with my small hands, I slowly sipped at it. I tried not to fill up on apple juice, I still wanted to try some of his food. "What are you making?" I asked.

"Pancakes." He hummed, sliding a couple of pancakes onto a small plate, "Enjoy, you little rascal," I watched him place the plate down on the table.

I took the opportunity to slip a couple of stickers onto his hip. I giggled.

"What's so funny?" He questioned, his face growing that look of suspicion.

My cheeks puffed with air, "Nothing!" I blurted out loud in attempt to defend myself.

"Oh I know you're hiding something!" His hands rested against his hips. He hadn't noticed yet! Yess!!

I pointed at his hip. He looked down at the stickers. He groaned.

"No leave them! They look good!" I couldn't contain my laughter. I squirmed in my own seat out of mere excitement and laughter.

"Alright, just eat up for now." He smiled, rocking my head to the side playfully, "Otherwise you won't be big and strong!" He added dramatically.

"Like you?" I tilted my head, curious of what his response would be. 

"Like me, I guess." He shrugged. He reached to untie his apron. He sighed dipping his head to the ground. It was seven thirty in the morning and he still hadn't gotten dressed into his uniform. He tugged on the waistband of his grey sweatpants, "Eat up sweetheart, I'll get your hairbrush."

I watched his figure disappear towards the bathroom, I couldn't help but giggle. I shoved down the pancakes, the sweet flavours flooding my tastebuds. Suddenly I felt a hairbrush ran through my silky smooth hair.

"Braid or pigtails?" I could feel him slip the hair ties around his wrist.

"Braids but pigtails!" I giggled, squirming in my seat.

"Alright," He sighed, "But we need to be quick okay? So sit still," He laughed while his free hand pressed some pressure on my shoulder.

"Wriothesley," I started.

He replied back instantly, "Yes my sweet?" His fingers ran through my hair, making sure all the knots were gone. One of his fingers hooked on a knot. His face dropped, "Sorry Sige," I didn't mind. 

"Do you think Ms. Y/N can come to the music festive with us?" I wanted to lean back and look at his face but I couldn't. I didn't want to disturb him.

"I-" I felt his hands freeze. I felt bad.

"I'm sor-" He cut me off. Rude but it's okay...

"It's fine Sigewinne. It's just, I haven't really talked to her and I don't know if she would want to, you know? I'm basically a complete strange to her. I doubt she even considers me a friend yet." It was the hard honest blank truth.

I felt his body language change like a click of my little fingers. Every time he felt guilty or upset he grew slower and less active with his movements. Not many people know this but Wriothesley does actually have emotions. You're probably thinking; well of course he does! But not everyone knows that.

In public Wriothesley has always been deemed as stoic and strong. The public eye is always on him which means he must set a good example to the people around him. Another slip up and the reputation he built from nothing could crumble down. This meant he often dismissed his emotions.

This wasn't the only reason but I won't go into detail. To be honest I don't get how he does it! One minutes he's cold and strict and then the next minute he's kissing me goodnight.

"Oh, okay." I shrugged my shoulders.

I felt him put my two braided pigtails on my shoulders. "Alright go brush your teeth. I'll be back," His hands went under his shirt to take it off.

"Okay!" I skipped off the chair and to the bathroom. I grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste. I popped off the led to the brush and ran the toothpaste along it. I watched the colours melt away into the brush.

My hand turned to slid the tap on and I run my toothbrush under the clear wet water. I brought it up to my teeth and began scrubbing backwards and forwards. I felt the ends of it racing along my pearly white teeth.

"I'm still gonna ask Ms. Y/N about the music festival," I stared at my reflection.

"..I want them to become friends."

Suddenly I felt a pair of hands pinch at my sides. "You ready, Sigewinne?" I jumped around to see Wriothesley in his uniform. "Ready!" Her hand rested on her chest proudly.

Wriothesley bent down with a soft smile. He pressed his lips against my forehead to give a fatherly kiss, "Alright little trooper, come on."