Chapter 29 - Aversion rain.

"𝓖𝓮𝓽 𝓪 𝓵𝓸𝓪𝓭 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓶𝓸𝓷𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻!" - 𝓢𝓲𝓰𝓮𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓷𝓮 𝓟𝓞𝓥.

╰┈➤ ❝ [ Three weeks later. ] - [ Half-edited]

Today was a very special day. It was move up day! That means that I'll be able to go and see my class before the year ends! I'm so excited. Before dad was even up, I was ready! Which sometimes comes as a surprise. Normally he has to push or force me to get ready, hehe... but that's okay! At least I'm not late or anything. He said that he'll make sure to pick me up on time. Not late like he usually does... I don't mind. I just miss having someone to look and spend time with me. I understand! I just feel... lonely... but that's only sometimes! I have my toys anyway.

Once we arrived I ran in with him. My class was right at the front so it was easy to navigate! There were many kids but I couldn't seem to see Klee... maybe she's not here yet? Or- no! She has to be in my class. Right? They wouldn't separate us. We're the best of friends. But just as I went to give dad a hug I saw Klee, yet... she was talking to the other kids. Perhaps she hadn't noticed me. Maybe. I'll try talking to her later I guess.

Anyway.

I turned around to Wriothesley and gave him the biggest hug. I buried away the tears of fear that formed underneath my eyelids. He didn't need to know, he didn't need to worry or fret. At the end of the day, I was his strong girl. Yeah... His daughter. I had to be brave for him! But a part of me wanted to stay with him. I didn't want to leave his side. It just felt like everyday more distance was growing in between us. Almost like we were reversing time again. 

Sigewinne's, he's busy... stop relying on him.

But- I just want a parent.

I'm scared of loosing you too.

He embraced me back, telling me he loved me and I would do great. I believe him. I also love him and I know he'll be amazing at whatever he does. Whether that's as my father or something else. He's helped me. A lot. Even though the memories of abandonment still hurt me like horrific daydreams, he's helped me push through. I will forever be grateful for that..

As he walked off I stood by myself. My head dipped towards the ground. Chatter formed around the corridors. Kids older and some younger stood all around me... yet none were like me. No one had ears like mine or a tail that represented the one I had. Unlike Kätzleins or elves, I'm one of the only people to have Melusine features. It makes me feel outcasted. It makes me feel like I don't fit in this society.

But as Wriothesley said, I shouldn't ever worry about it. Even at this age; where it's not going to affect me and I should focus on growing up. ..I guess he's right. 

I slowly paced myself into the classroom. I looked around for my friend... yet there wasn't anyone. Not even any of the kids from daycare. I guess I got unlucky and was placed by myself. It's not the end of Teyvat. I'm here to learn.

...

Learn.

I took the spare seat beside a blonde girl with bright yellow like eyes. The name on her name tag was Hook. Interesting... Beside her was a white hair girl with pinkish eyes. Her name was Clara. Expect, I didn't speak to them. They just chattered with each other. I just focused on colouring in the letters on the page and spelling out my name. It was a simple task and one I had done at daycare. It wasn't anything too hard. I know there were other kids who found it hard.

Time flew fast. I guess I just had gotten focused on the work. I heard the bell ring and I slumped myself towards my bag. I grabbed my sandwich and headed towards the playground. I saw Klee running around with the other kids. Kids that I didn't know. Maybe I'll try joining them after I finish my lunch... yeah.

I sat down on the spare bench and munched on my sandwich. Boys and girls taller and some shorter than me ran around. Many talked and others sat in silence with their friends. Everything felt a bit strange. Being involved with so many kids and in such a big area. It wasn't home nor daycare...

Just as I was about to get up I saw a group of older girls and boys approaching me. Some had their mouths stuffed in their hands. I don't know why?

I heard giggling.

What was so funny?

Suddenly one spoke, "Y'know, the school doesn't let kids like you wear fake ears and tails." He laughed, pointing a finger at my features. I didn't understand. They were real. What was so fake about them? Nothing.

I looked around, confused on the older kids appearance, "But they're real..?" I asked, a frown appearing across my face. They all continued to laugh.

..

"Oh stop lying and pretending! You're probably just want to be like one of those weird Melusines! Well let me tell you this kid, those creatures are weird and ugly and even if they weren't, you'll never be like them."

They laughed.

They pointed.

I felt sick in my stomach.

Before I could react tears streamed down my face. My shoulders hunched and my body trembled. The sky above was growing grey as this played out. How lovely... They were still giggling among each other. Not stopping the comments until they finally left.

I ran inside, ignoring anyone who tried talking to me.

I found a closed off area under the stairs. I hurried under there and huddled myself snuggly. I sobbed into my legs as I heard the rain outside start to pour, it was loudly and heavy. Very. I cried and cried.

I never liked intense rain or storms.

Not after that.