Chapter 23 - Second home.

"𝕾𝖜𝖊𝖊𝖙 𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖍𝖔𝖓𝖊𝖞, 𝖌𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖑𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖒𝖔𝖔𝖓, 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖒 𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖚𝖓." - 𝖄/𝕹 𝕻𝕺𝖁.

I stood in the corridors of Wriothesley's house. The aura it smelted was warm and comforting, very nice and bright. It was a modern like home, simple and easy for their straightforward life style. I really didn't expect much from them anyway. I looked around, observing the details that laid around. There were photos of him and Sigewinne everywhere, but, they were only recent photos. I was honestly surprised it was just them... there wasn't even one photo of Wriothesley and his own family. I think that's what shocked me the most from these two.

My e/c eyes glanced at Wriothesley and his face, "I'm sorry I'm making you do this," He ran his fingers to pinch the skin of his nose bridge. I knew he felt bad, I mean why wouldn't he? Despite his calm and collected demeanour he still has to deal with issues regrading his daughter, which of course, is going to cause him to stress more. If it didn't, I would be generally shocked! Just luckily she's still really young and innocent.

"No, no. I really don't mind if I have to look after her, it's no biggie at all!"

He heaved a heavy sigh from his lips. Furrowing my eyebrows, I observed his facial movements. They were just... stiff (I'm not saying that's a bad thing but, he seemed stressed). I said it was no problem? So why was he so tense? What could possibly be on his mind? All he's doing is running some errands. I really don't think that's bad, if that's what he's feeling guilty over.

Just as he moved his lips to speak, a small footsteps shattered our ears. I jerked my head to the side, curious on what was roaming the house at this hour, other than us of course.

Sigewinne stood there, her hands tugged closely to her body. She was practically hugging her own self (which was very very cute). She tilted her head slightly, her eyebrows furrowing, "Y/N? Ms. Y/N!" She hoped forward, running her hands to tightly embrace me. I startled back, surprised at the sudden impact from the little girl. I felt her chest fill with little giggles and laughter. Awww.. how adorable. She really is one of the most sweetest girls out there.

I slowly drew myself down towards her level, letting her warmth and happiness travel through my body. She sniffled her nose and silently coughed. Through this quietness I heard one little silent murmur. It was barely audible but I just managed to catch onto it.

'Sorry, I'm sick...'

That's what I could make out of the soft yet gentle silent whispers. I felt my heart ping with an emotion of sadness. She felt bad that she was sick (and most likely felt bad for making me come over)... it's not her fault. She really can't control if she catches something or not. I sighed and lifted her up into my arms. 

"Don't worry Sigewinne," I said, swayed side to side to lighten the mood. "We're going to have the most fun ever!" I giggled, poking gently at her cheeks. Despite her tired and fatigue like written face she bursted out into laughter. She quickly ran her hands up to hug my cheeks.

"Stop that!" She said in between loud laughter. As I played and teased with the small little girl I noticed Wriothesley smiling in the background. His once stern face was now soft and gentle... how sweet. I think seeing his daughter happy made him feel joyful. Which, I'm glad it does. The two really both deserve the best.

He sighed, "Alright you two," He started as he ran his hands along to pick up his keys. He gently flicked the metal between his fingers. His cold eyes pinned over towards the direction of the door. It seemed like he really didn't want to leave now...

"Have fun okay?" As his words slipped out of his mouth Sigewinne let out a whine. Now the dear little girl didn't want her father to go. They're really close after all.. just like the first day I saw them but-..

-times have changed. Sigewinne now calls Wriothesley dad. In complete honesty, it shocked me that she already didn't. This made me realise that there's a lot more of a deeper background to Sigewinne and Wriothesley. Of course I'm not going to ask! That's personal stuff... it's just, I have a feeling that Sigewinne is adopted or is being fostered.

Wriothesley took a couple of steps forward, gently chuckling at Sigewinne's upset sounds, "Hey, hey. It's okay," He ran his fingers through her hair. Giving some little ruffles of comfort and warmth. I glanced and watched the small interaction. She still sat in my arms soooo, I got to see the whole display. It was really nice and just felt like home.

"I'll be back soon, I love you lots, okay?" He leaned forward and kissed her forehead. The half little melusine girl gave the BIGGEST pout. I'm not even kidding, you could tell that she was displeased with this situation.

"Hmpt! Fine!"

I knew deep down she didn't mind. I can tell you now, in a couple of seconds, Sigewinne will be raring and ready to go and play. It'll be like she wasn't sick at all! Well she might be a bit slower but that's okay.

Wriothesley looked at me and mouthed a silent, 'Thank you so much,'. I nodded in response and respect, being completely fine with looking after this little munchkin. Slowly, he turned around and walked down the stairs and out the visible door. The door slammed against the wall, hinting he was gone now.

Sigewinne looked at me and laughed, "Okay Y/N, let's go play!" [A/N : unedited]