Chapter 21 - Flu.

"𝐈 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞, 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈'𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧." - 𝐖𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐲 𝐏𝐎𝐕.

I rocked myself forward, pushing myself off the bed. I quickly paced myself over and hunched down to the little girls level, "What's wrong?" I slid my hands to hug her shoulders, "Sigewinne, you're really pale..." I spoke, running my palm over her forehead.

"I know..." She looked down towards the ground. Her face resting into a stern yet soft expression, "My throat feels really sore and I can't breathe through my nose. I'm not dying am I...?" Her eyebrows grew towards her eyes.

I blinked a couple of times, surprised at her sudden remark, "No. No, you're not. You're just sick,"  I gently kissed her forehead, trying to provide her with some comfort and ease. A small but more tiring smile pictured across her face. I sighed softly, picking her up in my arms and bringing her over to the bed.

"Stay here. Hm... Here, you can have my phone and watch something," I placed her down. "Okay?" I ran my hands through my pockets and pulled out my phone. She nodded as she shuffled her way under the blankets. She rested her head against the pillow and brought forward her attention to me.

"Dad," She started, shuffling her feet around under the down quilt, "Can you please stay home with me today...?" She pouted. I gave a downturned smile as I slid the phone onto her lap.

"Sigewinne dear, I'll try to. I should be able to, I wouldn't want to leave you here alone anyway. I'll go get you some medicine and something to eat... then we can talk. Okay?" I gently ran my fingers through her hair. Her eyes just drifted towards the ground.

"..Okay..." 

"I love you," With another small peck on her forehead I made my way into the kitchen. Grey clouds padded along the sky as rain began to fall on the surface. The sun which once sat in the sky was now gone. Small crushes of thunder shot through the atmosphere.

"This is going to be a long day," I heaved a heavy breath, shaking my head while I did so, "What would Sigewinne want..." I walked towards the kitchen cabinets and opened them.

"..Pancakes. If it keeps her in a happy mood, then I'll make some." I pinched my nose bridge as my ears chimed into the sound of the falling rain. The droplets outside have always been comforting to me. The noise they made radiated a nice feeling.

Yes, rain can be annoying but it has its perks.

•°. *࿐

After prepping her breakfast I grabbed some liquid pain relief and poured them out. I sat them on the side of the plate and wandered back to my room.

I was met with a sick little Melusine girl and the sound of children shows. I gently smiled, "Comfortable?" I said, brining myself to the side of the bed. I rested the plate down and adjusted her blankets. She paused the video and looked at me.

"Mhm... ju-" She paused, her eyes squinting and eyebrows furrowing. I ran a hand forward, confused at her sudden pause. Suddenly she shut her eyes and leaned forward. A small cough emerged out from her throat. "Oww..."

"Here Sige." I grabbed the medication and handed it to her, "It's going to taste icky but it'll help with your symptoms. Please try to eat something but, if you can't, I understand. I'll take my phone back for ten to do a couple of phone calls okay?"