Chapter 9 - Orphans.

I was frozen in fear. Here stood Sigewinne, looking at with her eyes frowning in a saddened expression. Why was she sad? Did she not want me seeing her painting? This wasn't the Sigewinne I knew and loved.

I gulped, slowly bringing myself to speak, "Uh, Sigewinne. I thought you were still getting ready?" I questioned. I looked at the watch which sat on my wrist. I had taken a far while. There wasn't much I could do now.

She still stood there. Her eyes tracing my hands and down to her carpet, which her ripped painting laid. Her mouth was downturned with an emotion of embarrassment and sadness. I just wanted to hug her then and then.

She began to speak again, her voice soft and quiet, "I am ready. I've eaten, brushed my teeth and gotten dressed."

"Ahem, well, dad is just-" She cut me off.

"Looking at my painting." She took a couple steps into her room. She stood beside me before bringing herself onto her knees. A tear slid down her cheek as she observed the painting that she had made. She had that washed face of guilt.

"..Yes." My hand slid up her back, gently rubbing circles in attempt to soothe and comfort her.

"It's okay. I didn't think it was that good anyway,"

Those words shocked me. Sigewinne was always a proud girl who was always prideful of her creations and success so seeing her give up so easily... it reminded me of my past times.

"What do you mean? It's lovely!" I chimed in, trying to brighten the aura of the scene.

"It's nothing compared to the other kids... It wasn't just them and their papa, it was them and their mama's. Do you think I'll ever have a mama again?"

...I'm sorry Sigewinne.

"Look dear, there's nothing wrong with just having a dad. There's a lot of kids like you. Some kids only have mum's." That was the honest truth. Every kid had a different set of parents with different personalities. Some had many parents while others were unlucky enough to have non. I could relate to her inner child urges to have a set of parents. Even to this day I wished my childhood was happy. Some parents are cruel, I don't want to be that parent.

"But they at least have one biological parent alive. I'm not saying you're a bad dad it's just, why did my parents have to die?"

...I'm so so sorry Sigewinne...

"Look Winnie, I think you should know this. I myself am an orphan, meaning both of my parents have passed away. Just like you, I was very young. I had a pair of foster parents which would look after me and other orphans." My hand still continued to comfort and rub circles along her back. Her little bunny onesie fluff merged between my fingers.

"Oh? If you had parents then why do we never visit them? You always say my grandparents are always too busy to see me." She asked, her ears perking upwards.

"..Maybe that's a story for another time Winnie..."

I didn't want her to know that I had the title of 'Murderer' to my name. She only just started calling me dad. If she knew that I had killed my parents in the past I doubt she would even be in the same room as me.

"What do you mean? Everyone else has grandma's and grandpa's who they see and visit. What's so special about mine?" Her finger pressed to her lip.

"Look, it's a long story why. I'll explain when you're older okay?" I bit the side of my cheek.

"Why not now?" She tilted her head, her eyebrows furrowing.

"It will make more sense when you're older, okay?"

"..Okay."

I teasingly pulled the hood over her head, "Good girl, how about I sort your washing later? You go downstairs and pick a movie while I get dressed. How does that sound?" My hand fell off her back.

"Hm, okay!" She quickly stood herself onto her two feet.

"Alright go on you little rascal. Dad will be down there in a minute alright?"

"Okay!" She quickly ran out her downstairs to the living room.

I sighed, "Mm, alright... One thing done and sorted. Now the rest,"

My heart felt like it was going to explode from the stress and anxiety I felt from that one conversation. 

> Wriothesley.

Is this the painting Winnie made?

(Attached image)

Y/N💛 <

not even a hello? yes it is. why?

> Wriothesley.

Sorry, just stressed

Y/N💛 <

about what??

> Wriothesley.

dw its fine. I was curious

Y/N💛 <

did she not show u or sm??

> Wriothesley.

No

Y/N💛 <

rlly? she was looking forward to it

> Wriothesley.

yes, also if she says dad she means me

Y/N💛 <

oh, wait what?

since when?

helloooo

ur online

wrio

stop leaving me on delivered 

finally

OI DONT LEAVE ME ON OPENED

u annoying wannabe policeman

answer me.

omg.

I'm sorry

Wrio?

🙁

don't get too stressed pls, it's unhealthy

goodnight Wriothesley, sleep well