Chapter 12 - Girl from down town.

𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐞?.. - 𝐖𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐲 𝐏𝐎𝐕.

What's so special about him?

 Is it his long lushed blue hair?

 The way he formally dresses?

 His charming attitude? 

What does he have that I don't?

..Probably a lot of things.

I get it.

You can love him, you don't have to love me.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Clorinde stared at me while I walked off with Neuvillette. Her gaze was odd, like she was investigating my every movement. It was only nine and I was already being called into a meeting. What for? I don't think I even know yet.

Neuvillette often visited the station to discuss matters and current law cases. He worked along side his friend, Furina, who helped managed trials and other matters like Opera and drama shows. This year she was organising the music festival, a festival made in her name. 

"What do you need me for?" I asked, rubbing my eyes away from tiredness. He still continued to walk, he didn't even look back at me. His hands ran through his hair which was tied right at the tippy bottom.

"The festival next week," I can't... I promised- "We need someone to be on patrol." ..Sigewinne I would take her around. I nodded lowering my head down towards the ground, "If you could that would be lovely."

I wanted to decline the offer, I really did. I wanted to fulfil Sigewinne's dreams of running around a festival with her father instead of staying home like every other years. I couldn't crush her childhood anymore than I probably already have.

I pinched my nose bridge, trying to dismiss the emotions that sat heavy in my heart, "No one else can really do it? Not trying to sound rude," I quickly realised how that might of come off.

"I could ask Clorinde again but I know she had plans to go with her friends, Y/N and Navia." He stopped in front of his office. He tilted his head slightly back to look at me.

There goes my plans of even attempting to invite Y/N to go with me and Sigewinne. I drew my finger away from my nose and rested my arm on my side, "Right, I have plans myself, Monsieur. I planned on bringing my daughter Sigewinne to the festival,"

Neuvillette gently sighed, "That's alright, I understand. Family comes first," He gently smiled. I felt my heart ping with guilt, was I coming off as rude? Now he probably has to find someone else again - especially if Clorinde already declined the offer.

"I'll talk with Lady Furina about the matter. She only wished for you and Clorinde even after I tried to bargain with her." He opened the door, holding it for me to go in. I walked in to his spotless clean office.

Neuvillette was lucky, he didn't have to share a small office with anyone. I'm not saying sharing an office with Clorinde was bad but it wasn't ideal to be in such a claustrophobic space. It was often great when Clorinde finished off her work or when she had a day off.

"Now the matter isn't bad at all," He slipped himself into the chair, "Seeing that you're one of our highest ranking police officers I would like to discuss some ideas with you." He grabbed his papers and flicked through them.

I watched keenly as I pressed myself down into one of the seats.

I would slowly lose track of time as I talked to Neuvillette.

↳ ❝ [ 3:45 - Way home. ] - [ "Papa, are you crying?" ] ❞

I was only a little bit late on picking up Sigewinne this time. Which was I glad. Y/N just glared at me the whole time. I know what I did wrong but I felt upset. She didn't like me, clearly. My heart was broken into two shattered pieces. I was still gravely sad.

I drove home while Sigewinne sat in the backseat playing with hers toys. "Ms bunny watch out!" I looked in the mirror. Her eyes grew wide and her head bounced back. "Ahhh! Oh no he's hurting you Ms. Bunny! We need to get away from the big scary wolf now!!" She yelped in excitement.

I chuckled back in response, watching her creativity getting to the better of her, "What's happening back there Sigewinne? Seems like there a lot of drama," I faced back towards the road. She stopped to look at me.

"Mr. Wolfie is trying to hurt Ms. Bunny. So Ms. Bunny used her magical powers to stop him, hehe!" She giggled, placing her toys beside her on the leather seat. "Are we nearly home, papa?" She asked, tilting her head to the side.

I sighed, "Nearly,"

"Okay."

Before we knew it we pulled in the driveway. Sigewinne grabbed her toys and her bag, she dashed towards the door to make her way inside. I followed behind groggily. She slipped off her shoes and jumped on the couch. Within' seconds she was already playing with her toys. I gently smiled and pushed myself upstairs.

I went into my room to take a short rest and get changed into a fresh new change of clothes. I pressed myself onto my bed and grabbed my phone. I scrolled through social media to see photos on photos.

One post left me bewildered.

xxClorinde_xx

Ice-cream with girls

Took Navia and Y/N out for ice-cream. Having a great time. Weather is amazing.

(Attached photo.)

The photo was a close up picture of Y/N and Navia both giggling and smiling. My cheeks burned in response. What was wrong with me... My finger hovered over the like button but I simply couldn't bring myself to like it.

I knew it. I was falling in love with the wrong person at the wrong time.

She had eyes for other people, we barely talked, it didn't matter anymore.

I turned off my phone and slid off my bed. I pressed myself into the corner and wrapped my knees close to my chest. I was being stupid and dramatic... If she was in love with someone you should be happy Wriothesley! Not whining and groaning about it. What if she wasn't? Well I doubt I stood a chance anyway.

A couple of tears slid down my cheek, staining and wetting my uniform. My face buried into my knees as I heard my phone vibrate and turn on, hinting I had new messages. I completely ignored it, not caring anymore.

Suddenly the creaked open, the light from the corridor shining down into the room. Sigewinne stood there holding her toys as she searched for the light, "Daddy, are you ready to go and play? It's been ten minutes. You said you were only getting dressed," The light turned on and I was now open for display.

Sigewinne looked at me, her eyes flashing a wave of concern, "Papa, are you crying?" She skipped over and bent down to glance a better look at me.

I looked away like a coward. Trying to hide my emotion away from her. I probably seemed weak to her right now. Her strong father who worked as a policeman crying before her eyes... you little scaredy-cat.

She held out her arms for me. My eyes widened with shock, "Hug?" She asked, a smile picturing over her face.

I nodded and made room for her to embrace me. She slid her arms around me and buried her face into my shoulder. I pressed my head into her hair while she held me tightly. This kid didn't seem like she was in daycare, she was way too smart. I'm so thankful for her...

Even though I couldn't tell her the reason I could still be grateful for her concern.

"Whatever is making you cry... I'm here papa..."