Chapter 18 - I see your eyes.

"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬, 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞." - 𝐘/𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕.

Wriothesley turned back to look at me, his face written in a shocked expression. His eyebrows knitted before he adjusted Sigewinne who sat in his arms. He sighed, slowly closing his pale blue eyes, "What do you need Y/N? I'm not working at the moment so-"

"Wriothesley shut up for once! I like you!" I could feel my face going red. A wet sweaty feeling ran down my face. My heart flutter and began to pick up in pace. God this was so embarrassing... I needed to fix this before I made it more awkward.

"You like me? A lot of people do." He shrugged, getting ready to turn back around. My hand moved forward to grab his forearm. He froze, pinning his eyes back onto my face, "Y/N let go. Please."

"I love you! Get that in your head!" I squeezed his arm, clearly displaying my annoyance at his attitude. "Look, I know you've been ignoring me... and I should have seen that as a red flag! Sorry- But the way you were so gentle and kind to Sigewinne, I couldn't get you out of my head. I know I sound stupid but, trust me!" 

His face grew soft, his shoulders lowering, "What?" He laughed sheepishly, his cheeks changing from their usual pale colour, "You're not serious are you? Because I did ignore you.. ..Sorry about that." 

Sigewinne stirred in his arms. He brought his hand to gentlly caress her hair, "Sh, go back to sleep sweet Sige." He sighed, gently pressing his lips against her forehead.

I let out a soft exhale, "I am serious Wriothesley but, it's fine." I pulled my grip away from his arm. To be honest, I had never seen the facial expression that currently sat on his face. It was so different from his stern and stoic ones... completely.

"I swear, if this is a joke," 

"It's not. I'm dead serious,"

His vision grew to Sigewinne. She seemed so peaceful just sleeping in his arms. Whenever she stirred he would gently kiss her and whisper sweet nothings to her, like a true father would... He was really soft towards that kid. I wonder why? Well it was his daughter.

His shifted Sigewinne into his arm, and used his spare hand to grab his phone out of his pocket. He passed it over, "Before you ask why I'm doing this my passcode is 5289. Once you're in go into notes and read the first one,"

I hesitated but, he was willing so I did as he asked. I turned on the phone and, the first thing I saw was a photo of Sigewinne. She seemed to have paint all over her hands - she smiled a massive cheeky grin. I couldn't help but gently let out a small 'awh...' 

I searched for his notes app and once I found it, I clicked on it. His words about reading the first one played in my head like a movie scene. It was kinda bizarre how he just... randomly trusted me with his phone. Surely it was for good reasons wasn't it?

I found the first one and slowly started to read it.

Dear Y/N,

I'm sorry for ignoring you lately. I've been rather stressed out with work and problems around Sigewinne. I promise I'm doing better though.

As stupid as it sounds, I've grown a connection to you. I understand if you're going to be upset or mad. That's completely valid.

At the end of the day, I just want to say I'm sorry and I do love you. Friends, partners or strangers, thank you for looking after Sigewinne for me. You've made her a lot happier.

I love you.

- Wriothesley.

"It's cheesy, I know." He sighed, "But I was too scared to send it to you. The amount of drafts I have..." He laughed nervously, running his fingers to pinch his nose bridge, "It's embarrassing. That was only recently so that's your answer," His hand gestured forward.

I gently smiled, the embarrassing feeling now flushing away, "Thank you Wriothesley. Thank you for opening up," I turned off his phone and handed it back.

"That night," He grabbed the phone and stuffed it back into his pocket, "When I asked if that painting was Winnie's," He eyes softly grew to look at Sigewinne. He had so many different nicknames for her...

"After I said goodnight I wrote love you. I couldn't bring myself to send it though," 

I shuffled closer, "I love you too," 

Sigewinne gently stirred, her eyes opening, "What's going on...?" She grumbled. I let out a little laughter before looking at her.

"It's nothing Sigewinne,"

╰┈➤ Bonus

"Navia," Clorinde sat up from her seat, placing down her food, "Do you see this?" Her hand gestured towards the back of crowd. Standing there was the three.

"Wait." Navia paused, leaning forward to observe them. "Since when?!" Navia ran her hands into her pockets, pulling out her phone.

> Navia 

What's going on with u and wrio?

New couple?<3:D

lol soz

Y/N <

girl- why are you spying on me...?

A/N : (briefly proofread)