Chapter 28 - Promise.

(unedited)

"𝐈 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐚 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞, 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟." - 𝐖𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐲 𝐏𝐎𝐕.

You.

    You.

        You.

That's all the words I could get out of my mouth. I could see Sigewinne shaking in her spot, curiosity filling her up like a bath. But, for some reason, my heart crashed at that moment. I just couldn't seem to explain what her results were. I can't explain why. Maybe I'm worried about her reaction. After all...

..She passed.

I don't know if she wants to go to this school or not. I don't know what's going to happen to her when she does go. For all I know, she could possibly be bullied. I'm not saying she will be, but, I only want the best for her. I don't want anything bad happening to her. She's still so young and she's already had enough issues in her life. I don't want anymore to appear before her.

"Dad? You went quiet," She murmured. Her eyebrows pinning down.

I felt my reality snap back and suddenly I became aware of everything again, "Right.. sorry."

"Did I not pass? Are you disappointed in me?" 

...

Childhood Abuse/Trauma warning.

🥀 

"You're a disappointment! I told you to clean the kitchen! Not help your sister! She can do her own chores! I raised you better than this!" She raised her hand high above my head before slapping me across my cheek. My eyes started to shake and tremble as my face burned. I looked up at my mother, terror written across my face. Flinching, I nodded.

But I knew she wasn't done.

"I was just helping her out-" I tired to plead but it was no use.

"That's what you always say!" She yelled, her hands clenching tightly, "It's always this! Or that! When will you ever grow up?!" Her voice just grew louder and louder by the every moment.

I felt my eyes swell with tears and my throat grow tight. Don't show emotion... don't cry. You can't shed those pathetic little raindrops of emotion! Because boys don't cry; they stay strong and never give up. You can't show your weak, you just can't.

Or else it'll hurt even more.

Another slap. This time it was across my arm. I yelped. I froze. I stared. "No crying. Now hurry up and clean the kitchen! I want it done by five." Her hand faced the clock that slowly ticked. I looked. It was 4:47. There was no way I was getting it done that quickly.

"I'm sorry mum bu-"

But I was met with a more hurtful ache. My whole body was in agony by this point.

Blood dripped down from my arm and onto the floor. Each drip was slow and steady, yet fast and unstable. The pain traveled from my arm all the way up to my shoulder. With a shaken body, I tried to figure out what had happen.

My eyes gazed at my mother and in her hand, was a small sharp sliver blade. It dripped with the red liquid from my body. This wasn't the first time she's done it to me... actually, she's done this countless of times before. I should have seen it coming. Great. I've just made a bigger mess to clean up.

"Clean. The. Kitchen." She said sternly before walking off.

I looked at the ground.

Blood.

Tears.

Blood.

Tears.

How pathetic... If only you had listened, maybe none of this would have happened in the first place. You really are a disappointment to this family. Everyone is picture perfect and here you are... Crying yourself to sleep while you bleed from the wounds that prove your imperfections.

I grabbed a cloth and tightly wrapped it around my cut. The wave of pain started again but it didn't last for long. My body by now had adapted to it. It wasn't anything new.

..And with a blood written arm, sore eyes and a damaged heart, I started cleaning like nothing had ever happened.

🌗

"What makes you say that?" I asked her as my eyes darted to look at my arm.

I felt her shuffle in her spot, "Oh! You just stopped." She mumbled. I suppose that was true. I didn't say anything after that, and I don't know why. I don't think I ever will really. Because of what happened, I do feel bad for Sigewinne. She must have been really worried that she had done something. 

"You passed okay? I just needed a minute to make sure I was reading it correctly!" My hand run to gently ruffle her hair. A smile perked across her features as she squirmed in her spot. She squealed and ran forward to give me a tight hug.

"Yay! I'm so happy! I still get to be with my friends and get to learn so much stuff!"

"Heh... yeah..."

🥀 

"Mum? Why are you hugging me?"

"Because you actually did something good, hun... You actually cleaned the kitchen without making a fuss this time! I'm so happy and proud of you."

"Heh... Yeah..."