1 CODY

I look around the room, and she's there. With her dark, brown hair cascading down her back, sparkling blue eyes, and perfectly straight smile. The music is too loud in the club for me to hear her conversation with her friend. I just can't seem to stop noticing her. She's always moving somewhere; to the bar or over to a new person. Her blue eyes move around the room with her, then she catches my eyes. Neither of us look away...

"Cody! I found your flask. Now I found you," Ashley interrupts my thoughts with loud yelling. I stare at her for awhile. She is the complete opposite of anyone I've ever met. Her hair never stays the same color, because she wants people to notice her. Right now her hair is a bright yellow, it doesn't really suit her at all. The rest of her is pretty much normal- in the eye of someone else. She has brown eyes. Unless she's wearing her contacts, because she never gets normal contacts.

"What were you looking at, Dy?" Ashley asks me. Oh my nickname. My wonderful nickname.
"Nothing, just something."

My nickname was given to me in sixth grade. When Tina and my father got divorced, I went through an interesting hairstyle phase. Any hair style one could think of, I had it. Until I accidentally dyed my hair to the extreme.  It was an awful mixture of puke green and bright orange. So ever since then she called me, Dy.

"Well, to me it looked like you were staring at that girl over there," she took her finger and pointed at the girl across the room. "You could go and talk to her. You do know that right?"

"Yeah, I mean, I thought about it. Walking up to her and talking, but that's so uncool." I reply. I mean, we're in a club! Also she's in all my classes, weird how I remember the stupid stuff.

*~*~*~

At twelve o'clock at midnight, I began to get tired. Plus I can't see the girl anymore. "I'm gonna head to the dorms. I haven't had a single beer, so I'm all clear for driving. Need a ride?" I ask Ashley, who seems to be wasted. Completely.

"No," she says," I'll stay longer, then get a ride from little miss do-gooder."

"Alright, well I'll see you in the morning, Bye." I say as I'm walking away. I have to maneuver around a lot of people to find the door out of the club. Once I'm out, I start looking for my car. I guess the thing that helped me notice it was Bay hanging all over my hood.

The thing about this town that makes you hesitate to move in is; everyone has lost someone. Close, and not the normal dying because of old age. No, someone killed them. Now Bay, she lost her whole family. So she's pretty screwed up, watching your family get murdered.

I walk around the car to the hood, "Bay, what are you trying to accomplish?" She stares at me, with her glazing eyes. We stand there for a minute or two.

Then she cries,"I just want a guy to love me." She moves close to me and grabs my waist. "Could you love me? Please." I grab her hands and pull them away.

"You're drunk, Bay. You have three months till your out of the shelter. Don't ruin your life till then, please.'' She keeps on crying, this is part of the plan to make me feel pity so I hook up with her. I pick her up and carry her inside of the passenger side of the car. The passenger side is full of essays on the floor.

"Are we going to your place,Honey-bunches." Bay says once she buckles in.

"Nope I'm taking you to the shelter." She grunts and hits me in the arm. I pull the car into reverse and drive her to the shelter.