Protection

**Dex's POV**
   Kat hasn't been to any parties. Partly, because she insist she can't leave me. So instead of feeling bad, I agree to go to a party.
• • •
   "Dexxie! Come out, come out. Where ever you are!" I hear Kat yell outside the dorm room. Instantly I regret my decision of hiding away from her. Honestly I regret the whole choice of going.

"I dare you to even remotely say that nickname loud enough again!" I yell through the door. When I got to the room, I only at ten minutes until she came. So I locked the door and mentally got ready.

I walk through the door. The only thing about my outfit that seems 'cool' is my skinny jeans. But the shirt is just a plaid button up shirt. Kat looks down at my outfit

Tisk tisk

She pops her tongue at the roof of her mouth. It gives me smile. Well if she disapproves then I'm definitely wearing.

"Mhmm why aren't you ready, Kitty Kat?" I say with a wide grin. Obviously I knew the answer.

"Well I don't know, Dex. Unfortunately my narcissistic room mate locked the door. So I'll be ready in maybe twenty minutes." She says with an evil grin. I won't be affected if we show up late it's her party she wants to go to.

-on the way to the party-
I've never been to an American college party. Makes me sound like a person who hasn't even seen the sun. Well we don't see the sun in England, but still.

"Okay Kitty Kat. We stick together. We don't know how the Americans party, alright?" I say taking small glances at her. The car was cold. One because I can't stand hot stuff places. Two because it's normally the temperature I like. Kat is shivering a bit. Part of me feels a little sketchy of her choice of outfit.

Her makeup is a natural coloring, so not much. But the blue dress is tight and hugs her curves. And of course she wears her four inch high heel boots. God this girl is going to have serious problems.

The party was on the other side of town. When we saw lights and yelling people, we settled saying it's the party. A man comes up to the car and motions to roll the window down.

"Do you have any relations with a the host?" His voice was very razor sharp and smelled purely of alcohol. Kat leans across me

"Yeah, Jack. I met him at the pizza parlor." Kat stutters a bit. I can tell she's lying. He waves us through anyway.

Once we're out of the car, Kat automatically walks to the door and goes in. I follow quickly so I don't lose her. The house was packed tightly with people. Most of them are either playing games, talking, or making out. I spot Kat by the pool table.

"I play winner!" She shouts over the loud music. All the guys nod in agreement. Standing next to her I feel a tap on my pant leg. There was a little girl. She was trying to say something, but I couldn't hear her.

I pick her up ," what were you saying?" She has a frown on.

"I can't sleep. Some people are on my bed." I as stunned for a moment. Unsure of what to do.

I carry her up the stairs and she direct me to her room. Placing her down outside the door I turn toward her,"stay right there okay? Don't move."

I open the door and walk in. First the I notice was a couple mailing out on a queen sizes bed. Seriously a girl that little, gets a bigger bed then me. Whatever.

"Get out! You guys are sick. There was a little girl sleeping here." They both finally realised me an darted out the door. The little girl was still standing outside the door.

"It's safe, you can go to sleep now," I say walking to her. She smiles big. She runs and jumps onto her bed. I think she's satisfied with that. As I'm walking out she yells out.

"Can you tell me a story? Jack never does." Jack? Oh yeah the host. She must think I have a relation.

"Sure. I it helps you sleep.." I start telling her a story.

Where there is a castle so protected that and ant is killed for getting to close.  But inside the castle is a beautiful princess. She always wanted to leave, but wasn't ever allowed. Her name was River.
     One day she reading her favorite book, when she heard a knock. But it wasn't at the door. It was on the walls following up the long stairs. When it got to her door it walked in. A witch came in.
      River was frightened of her. Even seeing her frightenedness the witch offered a way out. Of course River agreed, having always wanting to get out. Then when she got to the front door the witch castes a spell on her-

I looked over at the little girl. She was fasted asleep. Her door was wide open. So I lock the door from the inside and walk out. Now no one can bother her. 

Downstairs was still crowded. I looked around for Kat. She was hanging out with a guy I've seen before. Jack. The host.

Not wanting to interrupt I slowly walk out the door. But as I close the door it opened. I whipped around and see Kat.

"Do you want to go? We can go if you want to." Kat says rushing to the car.

"okay." We get in the car and drive home.