Only you

*Gail's POV*

That night, when I took Prim home she was asleep. Considering every dorm room had two rooms, I finally had a reason to use the second room. For the rest of the early morning I laid awake. Hoping she wouldn't wake. Knowing the death would crash down on her again. Like it had the moment she heard.

I walk into the kitchen, to get a glass of water. Her bedroom she's in, well mine. It's the only room that has a bed. The second room only has my desk and recliner. When I finally find I cup I want to fill, a Star Warz R2D2 cup, I hear crying. It's faint and I know that she is trying to hide it. So I take my cup and walk through the door. At this time I don't even care if she isn't decent. I don't like knowing she's in pain.

I hand her the cup,"Drink it, after you have calm down." She takes the glass. But her anger got the best of her, she hurdled the cup across the wall. Then she gasp and begins crying again.

"I'm sorry, I broke him. The force is disturbed." She says it so smoothly, I laugh. I shouldn't be laughing. She's still crying. I wrap my arms around her. She tries to pull away, still crying,"I have to clean it up. You'll cut your foot leaving." I pull her back.

"Does it look like I'm leaving?" She shakes her head. She lays her head on my shoulder.

"After this, you'll never speak to me." I shake my head. She'll never understand how much it would kill me. I could never not speak to her. She's all I have.

"Never." She turns, so her eyes are staring directly into mine. Her eyes are such a potent blue it's intense. I could see how puff her eyes are from this point, it kills me.

"Oh, Prim." I wrap my arms around her and pull her back. So we're laying down. She rest her head on my chest and I lean my forehead against the back of her head.

"I feel..I feel so—I don't even know. I feel awful." She says it so calm, she had resided on the crying. I rub her back, in attempt to comfort her. One thing I never learned to do, my mother never allowed me to talk to her. Father, well he was never there.

We stay there for awhile, then I hear her constant breathing pattern. Knowing she's asleep. I stare at the back of her head. I never had a sister nor a mother to fall asleep with. It's strange to have a person to fall asleep with . Not just any person either, someone I care about. Someone I would never want to lose. Prim turns over in her sleep, so I can see her face. She looked absolutely beautiful, even asleep.

I feel the drag of sleep come to me. Wanting to fight it, k stare longer at her. Focusing on every curve in her face. The way her lips form just perfectly. Trying to look for the hidden dimples she has, when she smiles. Finally I stop fighting. I close my eyes and allow it sweep over me.

**
I hear this ruff clawing, when I wake up. Around the room it's pitch black, unlike when we had fallen asleep. My walls are covered in band posters. Head to toe, I doubt anybody could see any paint. Prim is on the floor with my brush trying to get out all her knots. Thus leading to the awful scratching noise. I don't see how girls handle pulling their hair out, by simply brushing it. Also, how they manage to keep most their hair in the process.

"Stop, come here, and hand be the brush," she jumps. As if she hadn't known I was awake. I chuckle slightly. She walks over the brush and hands it to me. Carefully I brush the bottom of the hair, and work my way up. When I look at her face, her eyes are closed.

"I remember when my mother brushed my hair. It was always so pleasant. That was the only time I saw her, really. She was always on trips with my father. Or just not home." She shifts a little on the floor. Not enough to mess me up. I sigh softly. It hurts knowing she barely grew up with a parent. The worst part is I completely understand. That I could relate to something that bad, is terrible. I just wish she didn't have to live like that.