Mosquitoes, it comes from mosquitoes

•Mystic Falls, Present Day•

I smiled at her, "I'm Juliana, but you can call me Julia. Also I'm Katherine's best friend." I paused. "Well, was."

Stefan came back and handed me a plastic container that held blood. I looked at it confused, until Stefan said something. He chuckled, "It's a water bottle, Julia."

My eyes widen, "They bottle water now? What's the difference? Water from the well is just fine."

Damon laughed, "You've missed a lot, Julia."

I laughed and figured out how to open the water bottle then took a sip of the blood. Then I noticed something. I looked up at the brothers, with watery eyes. "H-h-how long have I been in there? In that tomb?"

Damon and Stefan looked at each other depending whether or not to tell me, Stefan cleared his throat, "145 years."

My eyes widen, and I thought my eyes were going to pop out of their sockets. I quickly stood up from the couch, "145 years! She left me in there for 145 years!" I paused and remembered something. I used my vampire speed and raced to Stefan. "Have they founded what Yellow Fever came from?"

He slowly nodded, "Yes, in 1900, I believe. It comes from mosquitoes carrying the virus, making it when they sting someone, they transmitted the virus." Stefan answered.

I slowly back away from him. Mosquitoes, it comes from mosquitoes. The day I left grandmother house, I was stung by one. I became ill because of a mosquito. One little bug ruin my life.

I speed over to the wall and punched it with all my strength. My punch was so hard, a single brick came out of the wall. My breathing was surprising very heavy and all I could think about was pure anger. The amount of pain I wished to give to Katherine, along I could not.

"Hey, watch it." Damon told me.

I spun around and pointed at him, "Do not tell me what to do Damon." I growled at him as I felt my eyes change. Katherine left me in that tomb for 145 years, researchers figured out how people got Yellow Fever. While I was trapped in that hell and Katherine was living her perfect little life who got everything she wanted. I should be dead now.

I took in a couple of breaths, trying to calm down. "Have you seen her?" I asked the brothers.

They both shook their heads, "We thought she died in the church, with the rest of them. With you." Stefan answered.

"Which reminds me, why wasn't she in there?" Damon asked me.

I looked at him, and saw how broken he was because of her. She had broke him. "Because she left the church before we were locked away in the tomb. I do not know everything, but there was a opening in the church and she went through it and was gone forever." I paused and felt a tear fill my eye. "She left me. She left her best friend."

The girl spoke up, "Why would she do that to you? Lock you in the tomb, I mean?"

I glared at her, she looked too much like Katherine it hurt. It hurt to know she left me and never came back for me. "I made a deal with her in 1795 after I had survived Yellow Fever. She could turn me, but if I or someone else found out how people got Yellow Fever, she would kill me. In 1864, I got close to knowing and she knew. In order to prevent my deal from be completed, she had something to do with the church fire happened. In the end, she sent all of us to that righteous tomb for us to rot." I explained to her, I paused and felt one single tear fall from my cheek. "She said she would come back for me, but look at me now and where is she?"

I turned away from her and faced the Salvatore brothers and closed my eyes for a second and opened them again. The pain she caused me was gone, and all I wanted was death. "Kill me, now." I told them. Both of them shook their heads. I took a step forward towards them. "Kill me!" I demanded.

Finally Damon stood up and broke a piece of wood off the chair he was sitting in and was in front of me. I smiled at him, and placed my hands on his shoulders. "Thank you, Damon. I've been waiting for this since I was sixteen."

He brought the stake close to my chest, then I heard a snap and everything went dark.

~

•Mystic Falls, 1864•

Emily had informed me that Katherine wanted to see me today. After Katherine and Stefan had their moment, she introduced me and told him I would be staying as well. Except I told him I couldn't because I rather live alone. She was pissed, of course but got over it when she met his older brother, Damon Salvatore.

Emily told me that I would meet her at the Salvatore's garden at three o'clock sharp. Knowing Katherine she would be late, but if I was. She would have my neck, literally.

I arrived at the garden ten minutes early, and walked around the garden. Most of the flowers already had bloomed and where opened, showing their true colors. Flowers were like people, they stayed closed until they opened up and you couldn't force them to open up or else they wouldn't become beautiful.

Katherine didn't arrived until ten minutes later after the time she told me, by then I had stopped walking around the garden and sat down on a marble bench. When she saw me, she smiled. Katherine came over to me and hugged me, "Juliana, it is been to long." She told me and sat down on the bench.

I smiled at her, "It is been a week, Kat. You can live without me."

She crossed her arms, "But it not fun without you." Katherine cried.

I chuckled, "Why did you want to met me?"

My friend's face quickly lit up, like the sun. "I feed off Stefan last night, and his blood is beyond sweet, Julia."

My eyes widen while I scooted away from her, "Katherine! We are suppose to not attract attention, not feed off your boy toy." I yelled at her.

She rolled her eyes, "You are just jealous, because you have not had human blood in a long time." She pushed a piece of my blond hair out of my face. "You shouldn't worry, Julia you will get wrinkles."

I quickly slapped her hand away, "You will get us killed, Katerina."

Her eyes darken after hearing of those words, "I told you not to call me that, Juliana." 

I threw my hands into the air, "It seems like that is the only way to get your attention." I paused. "You need to stop this before it gets out of hand."

"I told you, I have this under control. They will not tell anyone."

"They!" I screamed, but quickly lowered my voice. "You are feeding off both of them!"

Katherine chuckled, "How could I not resist? Damon was beyond willing." She paused and looked beyond me and smiled. Then she looked back at me and smirked. "Just in time."

I spun around and saw Stefan coming our way. He smiled and waved to us. Soon he was in front of us. He quickly took Katherine's hand and kissed, "Katherine."

Katherine blushed, "Stefan."

Next he looked up at me and nodded, "Julia, it is a pleasure to see you again."

I bit my tongue and just nodded, while Katherine rolled her eyes. Next she looked at Stefan and her eyes dilated. Great, she compelling him. "You will not say a word or scream."

He nodded and tilted his head for a better access for Katherine. She smiled and led forward and bit into his neck. The smell of blood quickly filled the air, and I felt my eyes change while my teeth became sharp. Katherine pulled away and smiled at me. Next she pushed Stefan to me. "Your turn." She demanded.

I quickly caught him before he could fall, and his neck was right under my mouth. I looked down at his bloody neck, wanting to taste his blood. My sandpaper veins begged for it. I began to lend forward, but quickly snapped out of it and pushed him away. "No." I told her.

She rolled her eyes, "You are such a bore. Oh well, more for me." Katherine said before sinking her fangs into his neck again.