Chapter Seven: So Much for a First Date

I'm conflicted. I'm starting to dislike this book. I don't know what to do-
Enjoy? Xoxo

••••••••

Inhaling deeply, you take in the fresh air, just as soon as you climb out of the sewers. It'd been practically ages since you'd been to the surface and the change of scenery was beyond refreshing. Sure, the lair was nice, but being down there constantly was beginning to make you stir crazy.

"Okay! Where should we go?" Leo asks excitedly, failing to hide his anticipation.

You shrug. "I don't care, anywhere but the sewers."

Leo pretends to be offended, dramatically placing a hand over his chest.

You roll your eyes with a smirk. "You know what I meant." You find yourself with Leo's arms wrapped around your waist, your abdomen pressed against his lower plastron.

Leo's smug smirk was inches from your lips. "Can I have a kiss?"

You nod, pressing your lips to his slowly and gently. "Why don't we just get dinner? Eat it on the rooftops."

"I've got a better place, princess." Leo husks, sending chills down your spine. "What do you want to eat?"

"Let's just get pizza and a side of salad." You say casually, gentle running your hands along the top edge of his plastron before running them down to his middle. You briefly wondered if he could feel it, and he answered your question by his face flushing a bright red as he adjusted his body against yours.

"My kind of dinner!" He says happily. "Minus the salad."

You laugh. "Just pizza. Right."

••••••••

You'd received your pizza, salad and two bottled soda's in a bag. Leo had insisted you wear his mask backwards, and you'd gave in.

So now, Leo held you in his arms tightly and you could feel the sharp wind blowing through your hair.

After what seemed like forever, you were set on your feet and Leo slowly removed the mask. "Okay you can look now."

A gasp tumbles from your lips as you regain your vision. You'd knew that Leo had been climbing, you hadn't expected to find yourself at the top of the Statue of Liberty. "You carried me up here?"

Leo smirks. "I'd never drop you."

"W-what..." You sigh, looking out at the city and the water. "Leo it's really pretty."

You watched the sun, just as it was about the set. It was nearly was set, but the rays created a gentle mixture of yellow, orange and pink. You could help but let your mind wander to your mother.

"When you look at a pretty sky, just know I painted it for you."

A wave of sadness washes over you at the memory of your mother's words.

"It is." Leo says softly, staring right at you. Your sadness falls away as you catch him staring and let out a genuine giggle.

"You're so cheesy."

Leo shrugs wrapping his arms around your waist, pulling you into him. "And you're everything."

"Everything?" You whisper, a blush finding your cheeks.

The blue clad turtle nods, pressing a long, gentle kiss to your lips.

You couldn't help the fluttery feeling you got in your chest. You were on your first date together, kissing under the sunset at the top of the Statue of Liberty. It was like a romance movie.