Chapter Fifteen: Forever, Champion

Hey! I wanted to let you guys know that I've started another TMNT book. It's Bayverse, it takes place in the 2014 movie and it's LeonardoxReader. Check it out? Or don't lol
Enjoy! Xoxo

••••••••

It didn't feel right, wearing this suit. What it reminded you of. What you'd done.

This was the only way. The plan had to work.

"Okay...Y/n, the coms on your watch will be activated once you hit this button." Donnie explains, pointing to a small purple button. "Once the gates open for the fight, we'll get you out, and close the portal."

"Alright."

Leo steps close to you, a reassuring smile on his face. "We got this."

"We do." You say, pecking his lips.

He scoffs, puckering his lip before pressing a long kiss to your lips. "Be safe, Mischief." He says softly.

You nod.

Hurrying out of the turtle tank, around the block and into Big Mama's hotel, you feel your heart begin to pound. This is it.

"Ah! My darling champion!" A familiar upbeat voice calls as you step into the hotel. Your eyes meet Big Mama's and you flash your biggest grin.

"Hey, partner." You say smoothly.

"Are you ready for the big event, dear?" Big Mama coos. "Everyone is going to be there!"

You walk with her, side by side, to the elevator. "Born ready. I will forever be...the champion."

"That's the spirit!" She cheers, pressing the button on the elevator panel. She seemed excited herself, and it only added to your confidence that she had bought your entire act.

When you'd reached her office and sat down, your worries had been reduced to small whispers, your confidence through the roof.

"We have an hour before the fight. Do you need anything, love?"

"Do you have a file on my opponent? Or is it against the rules to brush up on some research." You say coolly, spinning your throwing knife between your fingers.

"I do not have a file on them at the moment, but you've already met."

This catches your attention, causing you to stop fidgeting with your weapon and stare at her. "Who?"

"Kai. The Yokai you met when you came and announced your big return."

You gawk at the woman before you. "He's the runner-up?"

Big Mama nods with a giggle. "Oh it will be such a lovely fight!" She says excitedly, clapping her hands. "And I just know you'll win. I know it!"

You have no idea...

"Shall we get you warmed up?"

••••••••••

Thwack.

This had to work.

Thwack.

It would all be over soon, and you could go back to school. Get your freedom back.

Thwack.

The punching bag in front of swung back and forth from the force of your punches. Panting, you pull away.

You wipe the sweat from your brow, catching your breath before practicing your aim with your knives.

You huff, watching your knife hit exactly where you aimed before wiggling itself from its spot and come flying back to your hand.