Chapter Nineteen: Ninja in, Ninja Their Faces, Ninja Out

It's my birthdayyyyy!
I'm on an...airplane...yay....
••••••••

"Donnie, use one of your escape pods and send Y/n back to the lair." Raph orders.

Donnie nods, staring into your eyes. The once vibrant blue was slowly fading to a dull grey.

"W-wait. I can still...help." The way you said it only sealed your fate. You could barely form words.

"No. Just wait at the lair for us. Okay?" Donnie helps you steady yourself on your feet, only for your eyes to flutter and you to fall again.

By now, everyone else had gone back to fight again, leaving Donnie to help you.

The turtle hurriedly tapped a few buttons on his wrist band, and your body is engulfed in a large container. Your head bobs from side to side as the pod takes off, leaving the fight behind.

You were barely conscious as the pod flew from the building to the lair, and for that reason, you barely remembered the trip.

When the pod shrunk itself back to the size of a wallet and clattered to the ground, you'd fallen, panting heavily.

Why were you so weak? It didn't make any sense.

You curl your fingers into a fist, trying to lift your upper body, but fail, and your hands slip, leaving you still on the ground.

Your chest felt light, like you were breathing nothing, and your entire body felt as though it was going to fall into the floor. Like it was heavy.

"Gah!" You shout, failing to stand for a second time. You curl your knees to your chest, shivering.

Time seemed to fly by, because in no time, they were back. Each 'Donnie pod' spit them out onto the ground.

"Everyone okay?" April asks softly. Her eyes land on Splinter as she gasps, rushing to his side. "Splints!"

Splinter rubs his head, sitting up.

Donnie notices your injured state. "Y/n?"

"D-Donnie." You whisper, feeling him hoist up your body. You wobble, falling as he hook his arms under your own, trying to steady you. "Wh...where's...L-Leo?"

Everyone looks around, nothing Raph and Leo missing. Then, as if on cue, another pod speeds into the lair.

It opens, and Leo stumbles out, panting heavily on one knee.

"Leo? Leo?" Mikey frantically shouts. "Leo where's Raph? Leo?"

"Leo, are you okay?"

"Leo, where's Raph?"

"Leonardo?" Splinter mutters, his eyes wide.

"They got him! All because I went after this stupid thing!" Leo shouts, fumbling with his back shell strap before pulling out the key. He shoves it into Casey's chest.

"You! You're from the future! Did you know this would happen?" Leo growls, trying to attack Casey, only to be held back by Mikey and April.

"N-no!" Casey stammers. "But you got the key!"

"I don't-"

"Leo?" You whisper, reaching one hand for him, only for you to fall forward a little, having Donnie catch you. "L-Leo." You repeat.

Eyes widened, Leo looks at you. "Y/n? Donnie...what's wrong with...what's they do to her?" The frantic turtle hurries to your side, taking your body from his brother and holding you close. You were limp in his arms, breathing heavily. Everything was foggy.