Chapter Three: The Lair

Okay, you'll probably see a lot of updates because when I start a book I try and get a few chapters going, then slow it down. So here ya go!

Enjoy! Xoxo
••••••••

It seemed like the boys were taking forever on purpose. You and Mikey sat in the living room of the lair, and the young turtle couldn't help but stare, a million questions swirling in his head.

You could tell.

"Alright man." You say bluntly. "Ask me all the questions you want."

"How do you know Leo?" He asks almost instantly, straightening his shoulders and crossing his legs.

"He saved me from a drunk asshole."

"How long have you known him?"

"A month." You say with a smile.

Mikey grins as well. "Are you guys dating?"

You stop, blinking rapidly. "U-uh no! No. It's not like that!"

Mikey's smile grows. "Ohmigosh! Youuuuu like him!"

"W-what? No! No!"

"Yeah you do!" He says with a giggle. "Your face is all red!"

"I-I-" thankfully, three mutant turtles come strolling in. "Thank god." You huff, getting to your feet and wrapping Leo into a tight hug.

Meanwhile, Raph stares in astonishment, while Donnie wraps his head around things. "Michael, when I said to get the civilian out of there, I didn't mean for you to bring her to our super secret lair!" Donnie seethes, his younger brother hunching his shoulders. "I would say she's a stranger, but there's obviously something I don't know." Donnie mutters, watching you hug his twin.

Ignoring your best friend's brothers, you pull away and look Leo in the eyes. "Are you okay?"

Leo nods, a familiar smug grin appearing on his lips. "Of course I am, Mischief. I'm a master ninja."

You chuckle. "Right."

"How do you guys know each other?" Raph asks, staring at the two of you. "Why is Big Mama after her?"

You tense, suddenly much more aware of the strangers whose home you were in. You step back, at a loss for words. "I'm Y/n." Is all you manage.

"This is my..." Leo trails off looking at you.

"Best friend." You say with a grin. The red-eared slider finds himself smiling with you.

"I saved her a month ago." Leo says. "She's cool."

You feel Raphael's eyes glued to you, judging you. Not in a bad way, necessarily, just trying to assess your character. "So this is the reason Leo comes home all giddy." He says flatly.

You crack a grin. "Of course I am! He's totally obsessed with me!"

Mikey giggles from beside Donnie, who was looking at you hesitatingly. "Oh great, another Leo." Mumbles the soft-shell.

"Welcome to the family, Y/n!" Mikey says happily, wrapping you in a hug. You could tell he was the youngest of the group.

You chuckle. "Uhm thanks."

"You're always welcome here. I'm Raph." Raph says with a smile. He was more grateful to you than you could have imagined, because he'd never seen his brother so happy since he'd met you.

Donnie rolls his eyes. "I guess you can't be too bad. I'm Donatello, but nobody calls me that. Donnie is fine."

"Thanks, it's nice to meet you guys."