Chapter Twenty One: Silence

I was not expecting this book to actually be something y'all like but...thank you!
Unfortunately, we are nearing the end of the book. A few more chapters to go. I don't think I'm going to do a sequel, I don't really like this book, I feel like it's...just really mid.
Enjoy!

••••••••

Everything seemed to move in slow motion as Casey cautiously carried you on his back, occasionally getting your attention to make sure you were awake. This was becoming more of a struggle for you by the minute.

"Keep your eyes open, Y/n." April says from beside you and Casey, lifting the manhole cover from its place and allowing Casey to carry you down.

A screech echoes through the air, catching everyone's attention. "Go." The mutant rat orders under his breath, staring at Casey with demanding eyes, before turning back towards the approaching alien. He would have to follow you to the lair later, because he had to now face the challenge on the surface.

"Kraang." Splinter growls.

Casey, who still had you on his back, continued to climb down the sewer ladder as April and Splinter were left on the surface.

"W-wait...help...t-them." You whisper, your eyes fluttering.

Casey picked up his pace, careful with your body as he hurried to the lair. "We need to get you somewhere safe. And treat your head, which...I'm not sure exactly how we're gonna do that."

Finally, the young warrior had reached the lair, rushing to Donatello's lab where he assumed he'd find most of the first aid supplies.

"Okay uhmm..." Casey began to mumble to himself as he carefully set you down on Donatello's office chair. "I'll keep down the lights, Donnie said you had a severe concussion, and probably extensive brain damage to...what did he call it? I need uhm...I-I don't.."

Tears pricked Casey's eyes as he began to panic. He didn't know what to do, and he couldn't lose you again.

"C-Casey...it's okay." You whisper. "It's...g-gonna be o...okay."

"No! No...I can't lose you again, please I..."

"I'll t...try t-to st...stay." You squint, your entire body feel weak. "Get..t-the I.v."

Casey nods frantically, following your shaky finger to Donnie's shelf of medical supplies, grabbing an I.V and hooking it up with shaky hands.

"I-it's gonna b-be...okay." You repeat softly, allowing him to set the I.V in your arm.

"Why are you comforting me? I should be comforting you! What...what do I do?"

You smile weakly. "Donnie has this...b-book. In...case...in...inj...injuries." Your eye lids had never felt so heavy in your life. "Sh...shel...shelf."

"CASEY? Y/N?" Aprils voice rings through the lair.

"April! April?!" Casey hurries to the door so he isn't shouting directly in your ear, clutching Donnie's book in his hands.

April sprints into the lab, her eyes finding your broken state. "We killed the Kraang...is she..."

"Lay her down." Splinter orders, Casey obeying instantly, handing April the book for her to look through.

As soon as your back hit the table, you let your eyes flutter shut, feeling your consciousness escape. You mutter one last sentence before drifting off.

"L-Love you...g...guys."

••••••••

"N-no! Y/n! Please, I can't do this again. Please. Please!"