The Scheme

Wanda sat down on the Barton's couch awkwardly as Laura went into the kitchen to cook. She didn't know what to do, so her main response to the awkwardness was to stare off into the distance, thinking. She had been doing more of just that recently, and sometimes to think is good, but sometimes it can be dangerous too. Especially if another mind accidentally crosses your own.

Clint and Vision stood in front of Wanda with quiet minds; not too much buzzing around. Both men stood with a somewhat relaxed expression, and didn't find the silence too terrible. Wanda finally felt her shoulders relax when she realized that talking wasn't a necessary pleasure in the Barton household. It simply just happened if it happened, and Wanda was more than glad for that fact.

Wanda found herself thinking that she didn't like humans sometimes. This was one of those times that she felt the slight prick of wanting to be alone, instead of being with others.

Wanda of course understood she herself was a human, she just didn't like other humans most of the times. Wanda just wanted to find something quiet to do that way she could escape from the constant nagging from another's opinion in the back of their own heads.

Without announcing it, Vision's own words cut across her train of thought,

I understand. I like to watch the sky instead of people sometimes.

Wanda looked at Vision with her thoughtful eyes as soon as she heard him and gritted her teeth together before softly smiling at his blank and genuine stare. She let her head roll to the side and she placed it on her palm.

Wanda scrunched her nose and teased him, That's weird. You should have that checked.

Vision tilted his head to the side, and Wanda did smile at him this time. She liked to make him confused. She enjoyed it only because he didn't get frustrated when he was perplexed, he only wanted to understand why such a statement would confuse him. Wanda enjoyed that part of him. He was only trying to be more human.

Wanda surrendered,

I'm joking. I understand where you are coming from. Sometime's I'd rather read or just think than be with people who don't really want to speak to me in the first place.

Vision gave her a polite nod as if agreeing, and Wanda found that they were both staring at each other now. She understood how odd it might look to an outsider, but it felt completely normal when it was happening. It was natural, and Wanda understood that Vision also felt no discomfort talking to her like this.

Vision spoke again, and this time it caught Wanda off-guard,

I'd rather watch a persons reaction to the Television than watch the broadcast itself.

Wanda was laughing inside and it was hard to keep the snort escaping from her discreet. Her sudden burst of humor bubbling inside Wanda made her swell with a sense of being normal, but slowly the thought of Pietro seeped in and her grin slowly slipped away.

Wanda shifted her head to her other hand and she shook her head the slightest to Vision's previous comment,

And here I thought we hated humans until you said that one sentence with such affection.

His answer, and the way he said it could not have described him more,

I do not hate humans.

Wanda's response was only a soft smile, and an affectionate nod towards the tilting of Vision's head,

I know. Me either.

Clint interrupted their conversation with swift hands to his hips and a haughty attitude. "You guys want to tell me why your awkwardly staring and smiling at each other?" Clint was louder than Vision's soft and pleasant voice, so it jerked Wanda into noticing her surroundings. Clint spoke again. "It's scaring me,"