Chapter 19

Itzpapalotl took a deep breath to stay calm. Right now he was wondering why he hadn't created a spell for patience because he needed it so much.

- but come on, I could try to do something to fix the problem with your face...

A while ago the goddess of love had approached to talk to him, taking advantage of the fact that Seth was taken by Anubis to talk to Nephthys .

The butterfly goddess had no problem being left alone. However, when the opponent approached she immediately regretted it, because the goddess of love made a comment that she did not like...

"I'm surprised that Seth decided to get married. Although it's sad that he couldn't find such a beautiful goddess... That paint on your face is the most horrible"

She could have accepted the insult for anything else, but not if they messed with a symbol important to her. The paint on his face was in honor of his best friend Mixcoatl .

Some time ago they were companions in war, they were venerated in the towns that had become part of the empire and although there was no link between them, some priests associated them in their writings as brothers or even as a couple. Of course, they did not deny anything because that way they inspired confidence when going to the battlefield, and it was then that he decided to take the same painting style as the god of the hunt as a way to demonstrate the appreciation he had for him because he was the first friend he had as a deity.

- If you want I can help you, maybe I will make a small change. - Hathor said about to put her hands on the goddess's face.

- no, thanks. - he commented, moving his face away from the goddess's reach. - I'm fine

- Oh, come on. I can give you a treatment to make you look better

- I said no... - Right now I thought that Xochiquetzal was more pleasant, I was also seriously thinking about apologizing for what he did to her. - I appreciate your "concern", but I'm not interested so if you'll excuse me I have to see my husband...

The goddess walked away and when she found Seth, he was with Nephthys and Anubis, she hated having to interrupt that little family gathering so she stayed far away.

- It seems to me that they have left it aside...

" Not again..."

- I honestly don't care. - I answer Osiris, sounding as friendly as possible. - I am somewhat reserved, and it seems that others have more important issues to discuss that are not my concern

- I see, do you mind if I keep you company?

- I wouldn't like to take up your time, but as you wish

Right now she wanted him to leave, but she couldn't be rude.

- It's not a bother, after all I would like to get to know a little more about the goddess who made my brother fall in love...

Itzpapalotl could perceive a malicious gleam in his eyes, something was planning.

- well, I have no problems with answering...

- Very good, then I would like to know, how did you meet?

- Seth appeared injured near my territories, I managed to save him in time before he died from dehydration. He was very weak, it took weeks for him to get up.

- I see... It's strange...

- yes, but it was a meeting that I wouldn't change for anything

- Now I can know... How did they fall in love?

For a moment silence formed around them, as if only the two of them were in that room.

- You were very direct brother-in-law. - the goddess laughed , she was aware that Osiris seemed to hate that she called him that way and of course she was going to take advantage of any moment to rub it in his face. - but answering your question I will tell you that they were the best three months we spent together... Seth had a character similar to our warriors and gods that it was impossible not to attract the gazes of goddesses and humans... He was the perfect man... .