Chapter 24

Before falling, the redhead caught her and noticed the wound on her back and right behind them was the goddess Hathor with a bloody dagger, while her hands trembled.

- What have you done?!

The room panicked thinking about what could happen since Seth was not going to sit idly by. His wife had been mortally wounded.

- Itzpapalotl, wake up!

He called her desperately, he couldn't allow her to die. If she did it to her, Osiris would probably hold her in the Duat and would not be able to help her, and she would not be able to fight for so long against the king of the underworld.

- Seth. - Maat along with a frightened Thoth had approached to help while Nut had taken Hathor.

- I did it because I was challenging Isis and Horus! He could have attacked us! -the goddess of love excused herself while she whimpered.

Back to Seth. She did not allow anyone to touch her, after that attack she did not trust anyone to harm her further.

- Seth, let me help you...

- Get away or I'll kill you all! - had taken his Khopesh again and was threatening anyone who intended to approach him.

- You're only making things worse, idiot. - said Isis. She didn't like her goddess, but she didn't want her dead either because that would mean they would have her entire pantheon on them and it wasn't convenient at that time. - let them treat her before it's too late.

-None of you are going to lay hands on him.

- It will be the hard way then...

In the lands of Tenochtitlan. The god of cold has just returned to his home within Mictlan. He was about to finish some homework when he felt like something pierced his back causing him to double over in pain.

He was very puzzled because he had never felt like this. The only and last time he felt that way was when his sister was almost cremated alive...

- It just can't be!

He refused to believe that anything had happened to him. She should be safe, she was with Seth and he would protect her. It couldn't be that her sister had been hurt or worse...

With doubt and fear he put everything aside and went as quickly as he could to the mother goddess and the 4 Tezcatlipocas to ask permission to go in search of his sister and brother-in-law. With his support he would be protected and would not have any problem if the gods of that territory declared war on him. He would go to war for his sister if necessary.

- I ask your permission to grant me passage to Egyptian lands.

- Are you just asking permission for something stupid? - Tezcatlipoca said disinterested. - It's a waste of time

- For this occasion I agree with him. - commented Xipe Totec. - we can't give that permission just because you had a bad feeling

- I'm sure something has happened with Itzpapalotl and it has taken them a long time to return.

- Sorry but...

Before finishing the earth she rumbled at that moment.

-SHUT UP! - ordered the mother goddess. -This matter is going to be resolved now...-she gazed at each of her children in a frivolous manner. - I give my authorization to Itztlacoliuhqui to go in search of my children...

No one opposed his mother's decision. Besides, trying to change her mind was almost impossible.

- Thank you, Tonantzin. - I revere the mother goddess...