Chapter 22-Party (Part 1)

Kenzie's POV

I look at my phone and I read the text message that Carter sent me.

"If anyone touches you tonight, I need you to tell me. If you need me to come pick you up, I will. Be safe babe."

"Okay Carter." I text him back.

Ashley continues driving and the radio is playing. We don't really say anything to each other while we're driving.

"So what's the deal with you and him?" She asks.

"Who?" I ask.

"That guy at the house I picked you up from. He was watching you leave from the door." She says.

"Oh that's Carter. He's my...he's my boyfriend." I say.

"You don't sound so sure Kenzie."

"It's complicated." I say.

"Oh my god Kenzie!" She says, and she looks like she just came to a realization. Oh dear, here we go...

"What?" I ask.

"Are you sleeping with him?!"

"Ashley!" I say.

"What I'm just asking, are you?!"

"Ashleyyyy" I groan.

"Okay I'm going to ask you in a different way. Last time I hung out with you, I know you were a virgin. But now I'm going to ask you, are you still a virgin?"

I'm quiet for a minute and then I sigh.

"No..." I say.

"So you've had sex with this Carter guy?" She asks.

"Yeah..." I say.

"Ohhhh shit I can tell by that 'Yeah...' that you've had sex with him more than once. Is that true?" She says.

I can never lie to Ashley because she catches everything. She can tell what I am saying by my facial expressions and the way I say things.

"Yes." I say quietly.

"Oh my god Kenzie you're finally not an innocent girl anymore. You did the nasty." She says jokingly.

"Ashley, I would prefer you not call it that. Yes, he took my virginity. Yes, I had sex with him a couple times. Yes, I liked it. Yes, I know I'm not innocent anymore. Please give it a rest Ashley. Please." I say looking out the window.

"I'm sorry Kenzie, I was just asking. Why are you getting so worked up about this?"

"It's nothing. I just don't like talking about things like this." I say.

"Oh okay." She says.

We drive for a couple more minutes then we pull up to a huge house and a bunch of other cars are parked places.

Ashley parks her car somewhere, then we both get out. Ashley and I walk up to the front door & we both just walk inside because the door is open and other people were doing the same thing.

Ashley and I walk inside together & we walk around trying to find people to hang out with.

"Kenzie!" I hear someone yell and Ashley & I both turn around. It's Luke.

He walks over to us and gives me a quick hug.

"I'm so happy you could make it!" He says to me, smiling.

He looks at Ashley and he smiles.

"Hey Ashley. Nice to see you again."

"Hey, you too." Ashley says.