Chapter 33-Night Out: Part 1

Kenzie's POV

Carter pulls into the driveway slowly and he groans. I look over at him and I see him looking at a car that's parked in his driveway. I've never seen it before.

Carter parks his car and then turns it off.

"Who's car is that?"

"It's my mom. Why the hell is she here?"

"Do you not get along with your mom Carter?"

"She doesn't like what I choose to do with my life. She doesn't like the whole gang, drugs, alcohol thing."

"Ohhh. Why do you think she's here?"

"I don't know. I haven't seen her in over 2 years."

"Oh wow. Okay, let's just go in."

"Yeah I guess so. We're going to be going out soon anyway ."

"Okay."

Carter and I both get out of the car, and I walk over to Carter. He takes my hand in his and smiles at me, and I smile back. We walk up to the front door and we walk inside.

Carter walks in front of me and we walk towards the living room, where people are talking.

We walk into the living room and the guys are in there talking to a woman, who I'm guessing is Carter's mom. Her back is towards us so I can't see what she looks like.

Zach sees us and says "Hey Carter. Hey Kenzie."

His mom turns around and gets up. She walks over to us.

"Hi Austin. How are you?" She says.

Austin? Why is she calling him Austin?

"I'm good Mom, how are you? Just wondering, but why are you here?" Carter says.

"I'm good Austin. I haven't seen you in over 2 years so I thought I would come by and visit." She says smiling.

"Oh okay." Carter says.

"And who's this?" She asks, smiling at me.

"Mom, this is Kenzie, my girlfriend." Carter says, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Hi Kenzie, it's so nice to meet you.
I'm Michele." She says smiling.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you too." I say smiling back at her.

"So Kenzie & I are actually going to be heading out soon, we're having a night out." Carter says.

"Oh it's a date night, I get it." His Mom says.

"Yeah I guess you could call it that." Carter says.

"So Kenzie, how old are you?" His mom asks me.

"I'm 17." I say and she looks at Carter. I can't tell what the look she's giving him is.

"Mom, Kenzie & I really have to go get ready for our night out. It was so good to see you again." Carter says.

"Okay, can I talk you for a couple minutes in private? I have to go back home anyway, I have to make dinner for your father and I. Kenzie, it was so nice to meet you and I hope to see you again sometime. I hope you enjoy your night with my son." She says, smiling at me.

"It was nice to meet you too, and thank you." I say smiling.

"Kenzie, I'm going to talk with her for a little while. Go upstairs and start getting ready for dinner." Carter says smiling at me.

"Okay." I say.

I say goodbye to his Mom and then I go upstairs to our bedroom.

I put the bag with the dresses on my bed and then I take the dresses out of the bag. I lay them out on my bed and I look at them.